Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah Night Ideas- not gifts

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 11:25 am
In other years we did a variety of gifts/games/fun stuff each night after licht. Sometimes individual gifts, sometimes gelt, sometimes treats, sometimes family gift etc...
I don't have the head to do research on different gifts this year. It would be for 6 kids different ages and genders and needs and wants. I am not really in the mood this year...

I still want Chanukah to be a nice enjoyable time for the family. I don't want them to feel like they were let down or missing out.

What are some ideas? I like to do something different each night after licht, after we daven for a couple minutes with the menorah... I have a toddler to teen, so obviously a kid may be less or more interested each night, but that is ok.

So far I have: a small painting activity, donuts, a game with gelt (??), and dreidel game.

Thank you!

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 11:58 am
Check out these kits, they're perfect for chanukah
https://www.timberandpaintstudio.com/

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 12:00 pm
Make and decorate Chanukah cookies. I make the dough in advance then we roll out, cut, decorate & bake as an activity. Get an assortment of sprinkles & colored sugar. I find the little kids do whatever colors, etc they like and the bigger kids often get very detail oriented and make gorgeous cookies. They all taste good!

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 12:16 pm
Danielle Renov from Peas love and carrots (instagram) does very cute activities daily as a sort of 8 day long family contest. this years ideas are not on yet but check out the last few years:
https://peaslovencarrots.com/chalympics/

lukshin

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 12:41 pm
https://thesfdance.com/

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 12:51 pm
My family plays the donut game every year!
Put donuts on a string, attached to two chairs (you will need to put something heavy on the chairs so they don't fall). Everyone in the family sits on the floor near a donut. Put a tablecloth on the floor for easy cleanup.
You say things like 'whoever brushed their teeth today take a bite of the donut', 'whoever made their bed today take a bite...' No using hands to bite, only your mouth! Whoever finishes their donut first without it falling off and no using hands is the winner!

s1

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 1:37 pm
Buy a variety of little shmonzkes and candies. Buy two of each thing. When noones looking put them out on the table and cover each one with a paper cup (non see through!!) The kids take turns picking up two cups, if they find a pair of prizes, they get to keep them both.
Bonus is that at the end they all swap their second treat with someone else

metacognizant

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 2:31 pm
Make your own chanuka gelt activity (you can buy molds, gold foil paper, and compound chocolate very easily)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics