Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Best ob's thats not a butcher
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Phlox

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:59 pm
momallhours wrote:
Not arguing on the bolded it is something everyone should do research I personally took issue with OP using the word butcher to describe our OBs even the horrible ones since I associate butchers with Nazis Yemach shemom who butchered innocent Jews. IMVHO

By all means ask the question and do your Due Diligence but I would be happy to give advice and many Imas would give you great advice if your title read "Best OB who is not quick to do C section"

Thank you. Agreed.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 6:05 pm
I second for the ocean midwife group. OGOA. group of 5 doctors and a bunch of midwives. You can choose if you want to be delivered by a dr or a midwife. They always have one of each on call, so always a dr avail in case of emergency. I had 2 babies with them and now there for my third pregnancy BH. dealt with SIF with one of their doctors too.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 6:30 pm
I just want to point out that you might not have too many options in Lakewood. Many of the practices are closed.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:00 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
If you’re in that situation then they basically have you over a barrel. You can’t decline the surgery because your baby’s life is at stake. And they are refusing to do the surgery without the resident. I really don’t see what you could have done differently.

You are right that I was in a very desperate medical situation and the goal was to have a healthy baby. Since it was my first pregnancy I had taken some child-birthing classes. I missed one class at one point and the instructor handed me some papers when I came back on what I had missed. The topic was “when things don’t go as planned and a c-section is necessary “. I glanced at it and figured that it has nothing to do with me… little did I know.. one of the things written was that if the doctor suggests that a a c-section is necessary, as the patient, we have the right to ask for some time to talk it over. When I asked for a few minutes dr giovine said that if I refuse the c- section he can’t guarantee that the baby will be born healthy but at this point he can still feel confident that the baby will be healthy if we quickly do the c/section. There was no time to waste after I heard that.
When I saw the resident joining us in the OR I requested no students. He answered that there always has to be another dr there to hold the bladder and other organs in place. I figured that’s “all” he would do. I had no idea that after the baby was born he would be allowed to sew me up. It was only after I had the most excruciating pain that didn’t seem normal that we realized that it didn’t seem like the hands of dr giovine who is known to be skilled…. I tried to ask dr giovine when I went to get checked in his office about it but he sort of said he was the one and wouldn’t admit that anyone else did the work so I got no where. That baby is taller than I am now and unfortunately I can still feel discomfort by the site of the incision. At this point there is clearly nothing I can do and it’s very, very unfortunate.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:25 pm
amother Blush wrote:
You are right that I was in a very desperate medical situation and the goal was to have a healthy baby. Since it was my first pregnancy I had taken some child-birthing classes. I missed one at one point and the instructor handed me some papers when I came back on what I had missed. The topic was “when things don’t go as planned and a c-section is necessary “. I glanced at it and figured that it has nothing to do with me… little did I know.. one of the things written was that if the doctor suggests a a c-section is necessary as the patient we have the right to ask for some time to talk it over. When I asked for a few minutes dr giovine said that if I refuse the c- section he can’t guarantee that the baby will be born healthy but at this point he can still feel confident that the baby will be healthy if we quickly do the c/section. There was no time to waste after I heard that.
When I saw the resident joining us in the OR I requested no students. He answered that there always has to be another dr there to hold the kidneys and other organs in place. I figured that’s “all” he would do. I had no idea that after the baby was born he would be allowed to sew me up. It was only after I had the most excruciating pain that didn’t seem normal that we realized that it didn’t seem like the hands of dr giovine who is known to be skilled…. I tried to ask dr giovine when I went to get checked in his office about it but he sort of said he was the one and wouldn’t admit that anyone else did the work so I got no where. That baby is taller than I am now and unfortunately I can still feel discomfort by the site of the incision. At this point there is clearly nothing I can do and it’s very, very unfortunate.

I feel for you and Dr. Giovine's reaction was the same in my case...

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:39 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
Massaging and stretching the area with oil every night in the 9th month helped me tremendously not tear with my 3rd. It's not a given that you have to tear.

Yes! Also, get an epidural, so that you don't have to force the baby through due to intense urges to push. Worked for me with 9 lb babies BH. No tearing (where in the past without epidural, smaller babies, I had terrible tearing!!)

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:56 pm
I also think alot has to do with your own bodies..
I had 4 babies naturally and never needed stitches. Never tore.
Ive used Jonathan baum part of jersey care insurance and I had a very nice experience.
But honestly I would think about midwives next time around if there will be a next time. Only because I'm getting older and not sure I have patience for the silly Dr rules.
Although Dr baum was really on my side during my pregnancy and delivery.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 8:08 pm
I do a perineal massage with almond or coconut oil after I steam the whole area with dried thyme.
Put thyme in toilet, pour boiling water on top and sit over toilet ten minutes.
After massage area with oil.
Midwife who gave me birth classes gave this tip. I’ve only once had a tiny tear that didn’t need any stitching (nor did I feel)
Good luck!

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 8:46 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
Now that we are educated, we need to inform doctors beforehand that if a C-section is necessary, we do not give permission for a resident to do the stitching and PUT IT IN WRITING. If they know that we know, the deception is over, we will tell others etc
We have every right to choose our providers if we have a private doctor.
So I come into my prenatal appointment with a pen and paper and ask the OB to sign that no resident will stitch if a C-section is necessary? Or if you're told you need a C-section you have them sign then and say you're refusing surgery unless they sign? I don't use Giovinne.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 5:09 am
When you sign a million forms for everything and consent forms, you put it in - when they write "you allow Dr. So and so or anyone he designates, "you cross that out.
They can't do anything you don't consent to.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 5:37 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
When you sign a million forms for everything and consent forms, you put it in - when they write "you allow Dr. So and so or anyone he designates, "you cross that out.
They can't do anything you don't consent to.

But if they do you would never know

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 5:42 am
amother Ginger wrote:
I do a perineal massage with almond or coconut oil after I steam the whole area with dried thyme.
Put thyme in toilet, pour boiling water on top and sit over toilet ten minutes.
After massage area with oil.
Midwife who gave me birth classes gave this tip. I’ve only once had a tiny tear that didn’t need any stitching (nor did I feel)
Good luck!

To others reading this, I would advise against this idea, of check with your own dr. The boiling water is not going to be enough to kill all the germs in your toilet bowl, and you certainly don't want those germs coming up to your private area.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 7:08 am
amother Blush wrote:
But if they do you would never know

You can request a report of the surgery. It should say that in it.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 7:14 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
You can request a report of the surgery. It should say that in it.

I did request a report. It said which medications were used and what size needle, catheter, threads for stitching was used. It was a very detailed report about the actual procedure. Signed on the bottom by my doctor.
I’m the one who was suspicious that the resident sewed me up. I really wouldn’t know. The resident was definitely there but his name was not written on the report. The report was written and signed by my doctor.

keeptrying

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:19 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
The best way to avoid tearing is to avoid forced pushing.
Lady Bits PT Youtube channel has a great video about how to protect your pelvic floor while pushing.

Going to look her up, thanks!

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:29 am
amother Blush wrote:
I did request a report. It said which medications were used and what size needle, catheter, threads for stitching was used. It was a very detailed report about the actual procedure. Signed on the bottom by my doctor.
I’m the one who was suspicious that the resident sewed me up. I really wouldn’t know. The resident was definitely there but his name was not written on the report. The report was written and signed by my doctor.
Hmm I guess if you contacted a medical malpractice lawyer they might be able to get that info. I can’t imagine it would be worth it though. Scary how little control you have when it comes down to it! I would never have even thought of such a thing.

Does anyone know how other local practices do emergency csections?

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:42 am
Im due in about 5 weeks. Im using Dr. Baums practice. Ugh, I was nervous from the beg about this problem of having residents deliver or do the stitches. Now, reading this Im extremely nervous. What can I do or keep in mind to try to avoid this? I think next time iyh I would use midwives.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:05 pm
Why does using midwives help for who might stitch you in the case of an emergency c? I think id prefer to choose (to some degree) which dr will be the one to do a potential emergency c if cvs the case arises.

I use dr surowitz. Pretty sure she has the lowest c section rate in nj. I’m very happy with her practice but it is quite full and busy which may bother some ppl. I had a great experience when she delivered me and with the midwife that delivered me (and yes I know that having a midwife on call means that I don’t choose which dr would be on call if I would need an emergency c.)

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:09 pm
the OGOA deliveres in community hospital in Toms River, which is not a teaching hospital. There are no residents there! And although I choose to be delivered by their midwives, the same group always has their own doctors on call, and in the hospital, in case of emergency.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:41 pm
amother Yellow wrote:

Does anyone know how other local practices do emergency csections?

I use dr Morgan. Had an emergency c-section. He did it himself, and was extremely skilled. I didn’t have another baby afterwards, but I’d definitely use them and try for a v-bac, which they said is highly likely I can have, based on that my others were delivered vaginally, and by this baby I had an emergency that hopefully won’t come up again
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries