Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby toys

youngmom

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 9:40 pm
I want to buy my baby some toys. she's 4 mths. old. anyone have any suggestions that worked for their babies?

ElTam

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 9:52 pm
My baby really liked the Tiny Love toys. Things that made noise when she touched them (not loud noises, but a bell or a crinkle) were a big hit.

Whatever you get at this age, make sure it's washable. I found a lot of things that say surface washable only don't get clean if you surface wash them. I found most things that couldn't get washed with the dishes could go through the washing machine with clothes but would not survive the dryer (e.g., if it sqeaked before the dryer, it won't afterwards).

youngmom

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 9:57 pm
anything specific you would suggest, eitam?

shoy18

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 10:07 pm
tiny love makes a gyminee its a mat with toys hanging overhead my baby loved it.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 10:15 pm
I was going to suggest that -- at your baby's age, she's probably learning to use her hands. A mat with overhanging toys is great!

stem

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 10:44 pm
I'll third that motion! both my kids loved it.

youngmom

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 12:12 am
sorry, should've been more specific myself. my baby already has a mat and swing. I'm looking for something else.

Meema2Kids

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 5:00 am
My kids loved toys that have moveable pieces - especially toy key chains. And toys that have parts they could easily fit in their mouths and chew on. Only one of mine liked the crinkle; the others didn't get it. LOL I would just browse the infant toys at Target or Walmart, or look online at babies r us.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 10:56 am
do you want somethign to have her in a upright position? if she can hold her head up well, I have a "hop 'n pop" which is a smaller type exersaucer

Tovah

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 8:26 pm
an excersucer is great, they have them in many diff types to choose from.

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 2:09 pm
Tovah wrote:
an excersucer is great, they have them in many diff types to choose from.

I was going to suggest that, too. my 2 year old loved it (and she still climbs in sometimes!). my 7 month old liked it, too, but now that he can crawl, he doesn't like it as much cuz he can only stay in one place!

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 2:09 pm
by the way, if anyone wants to buy some ToysRUs/BabiesRUs giftcards off me, I'd really appreciate it -you can use them online, too- I could probably just give you the card number.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics