Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Would you say something to store?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:34 pm
I just bought a high-end Childrens item from a very nice frum store. Afterwards was thinking how I was surprised how expensive it was, and thought I’d quickly check online to see if that’s simply the going price. On the company’s website as well as every other online retailer, the price is about $10-11 less than where I got it. Was annoying to see because I could have just ordered it online or from anywhere else and saved the $10 markup. I know at big box stores like target, Walmart they will always always “price match” if you can find something for cheaper elsewhere and show them. Is that appropriate to mention here? Or just assume they are aware of the markup and that I should have been more savvy before purchasing, slash just be happy the money went to a frum person and forget about it?
I am slightly annoyed but also want to be nice, and of course don’t want to make something out of nothing.
What would you do?
Thanks!

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:39 pm
Let it go.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:47 pm
If you still have some proof of purchase it would send an email to management and explain the matter or take it up with the store manager in a very nice and pleasant way.
In my experience email is the most professional way.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:52 pm
I actually had the opposite scenario today.
Artscroll has a chanukka sale. I called my local book shop and asked them if they also carry this sale and they said yes but only for the English/Hebrew versions. A got it a bit cheaper than what was stated on the Artscroll website Smile

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:56 pm
You spent a lot of money on an expensive item and you want to make a big deal about $10???? I thought you'd say you found a difference of $100+, but $10?? That's petty. A $10 difference between different retailers is very normal.
(Was the price check online including taxes and shipping?)

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:57 pm
Next time check the prices online before you make the purchase.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 3:13 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
You spent a lot of money on an expensive item and you want to make a big deal about $10???? I thought you'd say you found a difference of $100+, but $10?? That's petty. A $10 difference between different retailers is very normal.
(Was the price check online including taxes and shipping?)

This.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 3:27 pm
You would’ve paid close to that in shipping. Fargin them this money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics