Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Washing Machine

leahj

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 11:33 am
Help! My washing machine just went - it seems that buying a new one is only slightly more than fixing the old one (8 yrs. old) Can someone recommend/caution based on the one they have or have heard of?
Thanks - looking tonight so please hurry!

Tovah

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 11:52 am
I have a whirl pool and am very happy with it. the sales man explained to me make sure in the inside (where u put ur laundry to clean)is metal and not plastic, I know I thought I wanted a maytag and was told whirl pool is better b/c is metal not plastic.

leahj

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 12:07 pm
thanks - is it a top loader or front loader? and how long have you had it

Tovah

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 12:21 pm
I have mine a yr and a half but my mother has the same one abt 3 yrs. it's not a front loader it's 2 pieces sep. payed abt 800 on sale. not sure where u live but in montreal I bought it by breault & martineau.

Tefila

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 7:10 pm
Mine is a top loader had it for 15 yrs it's an inglis and still going strong b"h 8)

lucky

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 9:25 pm
I have a whirlpool. I asked a local appliance repairman which brand needs the least service!
My first whirlpool was a lemon. After 3 years I got a new one, and I got whirlpool again at the repairmans reccomendation.

leahj

Post Wed, Oct 12 2005, 5:14 am
Thanks everyone. Ended up with a whirlpool. Hope it lasts as long as your has Freilich.

cindy324

Post Sat, Oct 15 2005, 6:45 pm
I have a whirlpool too for the last 10 years, never needed servicing BA"H. They are excellent.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Oct 15 2005, 8:25 pm
Tovah wrote:
the sales man explained to me make sure in the inside (where u put ur laundry to clean)is metal and not plastic, I know I thought I wanted a maytag and was told whirl pool is better b/c is metal not plastic.

when I went to get a waher they told me the same thing. BUT I don't believe it. WHY? whats wrong with plastic. Its not just plastic I am pretty sure that its PVC. Which is perfectly fine. Its what all sanitary sewers use in ground. If a sewer pipe is OK for it to be PVC why can't a washer take it. Honestly don't think there is a difference in quality.

Whats most important is the quality of other parts and the motor. Also a front loader washes better. So buy a reputable brand with a good warrentee. Front loader washes clothes better.

shanie5

Post Sat, Oct 15 2005, 9:42 pm
I bought the whirlpool front loader "duet" last year and I love it. I hope to be getting the matching dryer before my present one wears out (its 18 years old, and really starting to show its age)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars