Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Toras Emes Kaminets on ave N/ east 19
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 9:06 pm
Please tell me if you recommend it. My children now in Ahavas Torah. It’s is closing down. I need find another school. Will my boys fit into Toras Emes. Are there mixture of sefardi and ashkenazi families. How is lunch. Busing. Education. Tuition range. Do students have respect towards teachers? Is school organized and clean. Any reason I should consider sending there. Please share. Thankyou.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 9:41 pm
Bump

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 10:12 pm
DH went 35 years ago. Probably not so helpful.

He developed a very strong Yirah Shamayim but not so much Ahava, but as I said, that was 35 years ago.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 11:12 pm
I know the school very well. Very warm & caring place. Ask me specific questions.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 11:14 pm
They have some sefardi families but are majority Ashkenaz. They recently got private bus through Meir Transport but charge for it. I think lunch is free this year because of lunch program. Great rebbe's.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 11:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please tell me if you recommend it. My children now in Ahavas Torah. It’s is closing down. I need find another school. Will my boys fit into Toras Emes. Are there mixture of sefardi and ashkenazi families. How is lunch. Busing. Education. Tuition range. Do students have respect towards teachers? Is school organized and clean. Any reason I should consider sending there. Please share. Thankyou.

I know someone who works there. They are very very busy interviewing Ahavas Torah parents.
Mostly Ashkenazic, some others. Lunch is good food that is on the gov program so free this year. Busing is private. Education is on a fairly higher level. Tuition is average. Teachers have respect afaik. School is clean, and the person I know there does his best to make it run well! They have extra help for the boys who need it.

The teachers and staff are very warm and dedicated to the boys. They have a lot of really amazing programs to encourage the boys to learn and grow - prizes, trips, etc. The boys love coming to school.

The principals are being very careful not to take boys who won't fit with the chemistry of each class, they don't want boys to be bullied or struggle socially and won't accept anyone if they would do better elsewhere.

Feel free to ask me anything if I don't know I can ask.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 11:45 pm
The food is good and rabbeim are great! I got to know some when working there recently. The parentbody is a mix. I really don't think there are many sefardim. The principal is an aidel man.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 6:51 am
Thank you everyone who responded. I really appreciate it. Yeshiva sounds great.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 7:20 am
Wonderful gem of a school. A throwback of Yeshivas of the past in terms of quality in both limudei kodesh and chol. Each Talmud is cared for and no one is left behind. Rebbeim are Uber dedicated and it’s not a school that focuses only on being an iluy.. They rebbeim and rabbi tillim realize each boy is separate neshama. There is less emphasis on fake gestures like not having to attest about home internet or tv they don’t broach the subject. They offer Meir transport. Kids like the lunch and the menu is diverse. Tuition is about 10k.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 8:23 am
Its the same crowd as ahavas torah. It has a mix of all types, sfard will be comfortable there too. The rebbeim are pretty good. Don't know how sec studies compare currently.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 8:46 am
The level of secular studies is higher than in ahavas Torah, do it might be a bit of an adjustment, but I'm sure that they will work with you.

cyber1gost

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 9:51 am
My son is in Yeshiva there and goes to school with a smile and comes home smiling too. He has both Asheknaz and sefardi boys in his class. They charge for the busing in the younger grades so that there can be bus on Sunday and legal holidays and it has been a pleasure. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:18 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
Wonderful gem of a school. A throwback of Yeshivas of the past in terms of quality in both limudei kodesh and chol. Each Talmud is cared for and no one is left behind. Rebbeim are Uber dedicated and it’s not a school that focuses only on being an iluy.. They rebbeim and rabbi tillim realize each boy is separate neshama. There is less emphasis on fake gestures like not having to attest about home internet or tv they don’t broach the subject. They offer Meir transport. Kids like the lunch and the menu is diverse. Tuition is about 10k.

By throwback, is that a compliment?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 4:57 pm
It is definitely a compliment.

bumpkin2

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 6:11 pm
What’s the parent body like there? Do the families have tv, devices, and the like?

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 8:16 pm
My SIL sends there. They have tv and her son as unfiltered tablet but I think her crowd is in the minority there.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 9:19 pm
Like every Flatbush yeshiva, its a mixture

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 9:34 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
My SIL sends there. They have tv and her son as unfiltered tablet but I think her crowd is in the minority there.

But then my neighbor who doesn't allow her kids to watch any videos at all sends there also.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 10:06 pm
Similar crowd as tiferes yisroel except less sefardim in kaminetz. I think kids who watch TV or shows are the majority if ur stam looking for a school without.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 12:24 pm
https://player.vimeo.com/video.....3e5a2
The Yeshiva World had this video of Toras Emes on yesterday.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics