Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How long after taking child off dairy did you see a diff?
Previous  1  2

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:18 am
Amother mint that's awesome that he can now tolerate dairy.

Keep in mind, any time a kid is sick especially with a cold type virus, stay away from dairy until the child is completely better. That's for all children btw.

If your child is intolerant of any food, sometimes all you need to do is keep the child off of it, the younger you do it the better. Wait a few months and then reintroduced.

Before I knew all this I had crazy Colic babies. Then as they grew older other issues until I eliminated the offending foods from their diet. By then they were older and there were a whole host of other pain issues. And it took years instead of months for their bodies to grow, mature amd be able to tolerate those foods.
Bh were in the stage of reintroducimg these foods so that nothing I'd off limits. Bh bh!
With my other kids, I stopped eating the offending foods (nursing babies) and only reintroduced them when baby was 5-6 months and bh bh bh. No food intolerances except dairy is still a bit of an issue but not severe...

My current baby screamed from certain fruits and veggies, like eggplant and carrots. Now at 8 months these are bh no longer a problem. It's not always dairy although it's the most common.

And like amother mint, dairy chocolate was never am issue. (Accept when I first went off dairy while nursing the first 3-4 months I stayed away from that too. I'm not sure if it was necessary but it was easier to stop eating dairy chocolate then deal with the consequences if she couldn't tolerate it.)

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:22 am
ocean blue wrote:
You would have to try for a good 4 weeks to be sure its the dairy causing his issues. As a child, my dd always had a cold (even in the summer!) and a bunch of other issues. It wasnt the dairy but after years we figured what was bothering her (mostly food additives and other random foods) and all her issues disapeared. Happens to be, she now has to be off dairy because of her nursing baby , and she has been sick all winter long with one virus or an other, including an ear infection!

This winter is brutal.
In my house there is always someone sick with something at any given time. And were only 6 ppl. Adenovirus, rinovirus, thrush, mastitis, flu, pneumonia, viral bronchitis, ednovirus, strep, random stomach virus.... round and round and round we go.

RS to your daughter.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:41 am
Tzutzie wrote:
Amother mint that's awesome that he can now tolerate dairy.

Keep in mind, any time a kid is sick especially with a cold type virus, stay away from dairy until the child is completely better. That's for all children btw.

If your child is intolerant of any food, sometimes all you need to do is keep the child off of it, the younger you do it the better. Wait a few months and then reintroduced.

Before I knew all this I had crazy Colic babies. Then as they grew older other issues until I eliminated the offending foods from their diet. By then they were older and there were a whole host of other pain issues. And it took years instead of months for their bodies to grow, mature amd be able to tolerate those foods.
Bh were in the stage of reintroducimg these foods so that nothing I'd off limits. Bh bh!
With my other kids, I stopped eating the offending foods (nursing babies) and only reintroduced them when baby was 5-6 months and bh bh bh. No food intolerances except dairy is still a bit of an issue but not severe...

My current baby screamed from certain fruits and veggies, like eggplant and carrots. Now at 8 months these are bh no longer a problem. It's not always dairy although it's the most common.

And like amother mint, dairy chocolate was never am issue. (Accept when I first went off dairy while nursing the first 3-4 months I stayed away from that too. I'm not sure if it was necessary but it was easier to stop eating dairy chocolate then deal with the consequences if she couldn't tolerate it.)

Not only kids should stay away from dairy if they have a cold, adults too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics