Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Communications from school

cdawnr

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 10:40 am
Ok, I just want to know if this is out of the norm or to be expected from frum schools.

My son is staying in a program that becomes "day camp" next week. I have still not received any info on the summer program. Yesterday I went in and asked...and found out that his day will now start at 9 instead of 8:30 and will go to 2 on Fri instead of 4.

I asked "Was a letter going to be sent out to inform us of this?' and the response I got was that most parents just called.

Why would I call you. If you have information you need to give me as the organizing party, shouldn't you send me a letter?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 10:56 am
Sounds so much like my kids school. Now I'm getting a little used to the schedule, but otherwise, it's mostly a guessing game or word of mouth. Once in a blue moon, they'll send a note. It's very frustrating.

mom21n2

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:00 am
I completely empathize. Once we took our ds to school and there was not even school in session. I called and the response was, "we sent a note home." Well, obviously, they did. I must have read the note and then dragged my ds into school anyway just so that I would be in a position to complain. Rolling Eyes

cdawnr

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:10 am
And how old was your kid at the time.

DS's end of year party was yesterday. It just occured to me that morning ot ask if he needed to wear anything special. Yeah, white shirt, black pants. They didn't send it in the note...they assumed moms know this because a lot of the moms have older kids int he system already. Sorry he's my oldest and I didn't grow up in this town to know these things!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:12 am
How proffesional is the school? Maybe they aren't experienced? My school sends calendars, notices, instructions...all the time. They even send it home at least twice to make sure all the parents got the note.

Your son used to end at 4 on fridays?Wow! Here they end 12 something, none later.

cdawnr

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:14 am
flowerpower wrote:
How proffesional is the school? Maybe they aren't experienced? My school sends calendars, notices, instructions...all the time. They even send it home at least twice to make sure all the parents got the note.

Your son used to end at 4 on fridays?Wow! Here they end 12 something, none later.

oops that was a typo. He ended at 1...

cdawnr

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:17 am
the school is plenty experienced. It's the main Yeshiva in town.

Smile

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:20 am
That would bother me. My school, as well as the camp he attends, constantly sends us information by letter and email so there are no mistakes. I'll bet people will be making the same mistake you might have made, dropping the kids off early or picking up late or whatever.

People need to make arrangements for these kinds of things. Ask the school to send out some kind of notice in the future, well in advance.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:48 am
cdawnr wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

oops that was a typo. He ended at 1...

My kids end at 3-3:15 on short Fridays (shortest starts at 5:30) and long ends at 3:15-3:30. Two different times for elementary and pre-school.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:55 am
Yo'ma, so late? What time do they end every day? Poor teachers.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:58 am
flowerpower wrote:
Yo'ma, so late? What time do they end every day? Poor teachers.

Pre-school, is meshugana, they end at 4:30 and the other ones at 4:45. They don't have the same teachers all day. It's broken up for secular and hebrew and they have loads of extra curricular activities.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 12:01 pm
What time do they start? Does your preschooler sleep well at night at least?

Sorry dawn for hijacking. A good idea would be to keep suggesting to the school to send home notes in advance and tell the other mothers to do the same.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 12:19 pm
flowerpower wrote:
What time do they start? Does your preschooler sleep well at night at least?

Sorry dawn for hijacking. A good idea would be to keep suggesting to the school to send home notes in advance and tell the other mothers to do the same.

The big ones start at 8 (first assembly, then davening) and the little ones at 9 with a 2 hour lunch break.

Okay, no more hijacking! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers