Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Need Chicken Wellington Recipe

Beauticianista

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 5:15 pm
I'm making Shabbos at home for only the second time since I'm married (10 months) and we're having guest as well. Does anyone have a really good chicken wellington recipe that I can use for friday night?

mom7270

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 6:12 pm
I dont have exact measurements but this is what I do- I take an onion, dice and sautee, then I add to it about 2 cups or a little less of crushed cornflakes.set aside. then I take out the white part of a loaf of bread, soak till soft in water, squeeze out all water and add mushroom soup mix and parsley flakes and salt. then I lay out the dough, put a spoonful of cornflake mix on top, then I take the cutlet and put a spoonful of bread mixture and roll up and place that on top of cornflakes, close up dough like envelope and bake 350 uncovered till golden

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 6:31 pm
Check out recipezaar.com or cooks.com and you can choose from many different different chicken wellington recipes.

I'll often take what I like from several different recipes.

atlastamom

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 6:48 pm
I copied pinktichel's recipe for this and it was really good and very easy. It's not exactly chicken wellington, but it's very similar and looks very fancy.

Cut up chicken cutlet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. put inside puff pastry square. fold up and put seam side down on a baking sheet. egg the top. bake 25 minutes or until done.
do you have the purple spice and spirit? the mushroom sauce is called oriental mushrooms in there. if you don't have it I'll post it for you.

biz120

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:40 pm
● Yitzy’s puff dough (big squares-10 pk)
● Chicken cutlets-Thin
● Mushrooms
● Onion
● Broccoli (Kugel/kiche’ mixture) (optional)

Sautee’ mushroom and onion with spices (or make lecho)
Defrost dough a little
Place tspn of mixture in middle of puff dough
Place piece of chicken cutlet on top
Place broccoli mixture (or any vegetable) on top
Pinch all corners together (like envelope)
Place sealed side down
Bake 15-20 mins @ 350 till golden brown

Enjoy!

cookielady

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 11:47 pm
[quote="atlastamom"]I copied pinktichel's recipe for this and it was really good and very easy. It's not exactly chicken wellington, but it's very similar and looks very fancy.

Cut up chicken cutlet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. put inside puff pastry square. fold up and put seam side down on a baking sheet. egg the top. bake 25 minutes or until done.
do you have the purple spice and spirit? the mushroom sauce is called oriental mushrooms in there. if you don't have it I'll post it for you.[/quote
I did that as well, but added a spinach mixture to it. It was great.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus