Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
S\O Chassidish community in Tri state
Previous  1  2

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:21 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
Linden is mixed. It's not Bobov, though there are a lot of Bobov families. There are definitely Satmar families there; there is a Satmar cheder.

Ok so switch that to belz

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
There's actually a Viznitz yeshiva in Blooming grove and a growing Viznitz community there.
There are plenty Satmer families living in Linden.

Forget the details. My point still stands. One chassidus isn't interchangeable with another.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:25 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Forget the details. My point still stands. One chassidus isn't interchangeable with another.

True, which is why Union City & Mt. Kisco don't have families moving there. But some communities are mixed, like Linden.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:28 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
True, which is why Union City & Mt. Kisco don't have families moving there. But some communities are mixed, like Linden.

Right. I was pointing this out to op because there seems to be a ton of places to move to when reality isn't like that. Each chassidus has a choice of 1 to 2 places.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:31 pm
Monticello, Chester, Flatbush, Casa Grande, Indiana

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:34 pm
Tosh, Pupa Shtetel, Mt. Kisco, Kasho, Union City, Monroe, Skver, Keser, Gibbers

(For specific Chassidusen)

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:35 pm
amother Grape wrote:

Literally no one is moving out to these places, and some of them won’t even accept new residents.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:36 pm
Antwerp, London, Manchester, Montreal, Vienna, Australia, Yerushalayim, Bnei Brak, Ashdod, Beit Shemesh.
For those willing to move Overseas.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:43 pm
GLUE wrote:
So I was reading on a different thread that there is no real chassidish community outside of the triangle- Brooklyn,Monsey,Lakewood.

Many people disagreed and said there are much more chassidish community's in the Tri State region.

I am not chassidish and don't really know to much about different chassidish community's.

I think it will be a public service if people will post all the different community's instead of saying that there are tons.

Please post yours or someone's that you know about, please included all the infrastructure that, that community has.

Is this phrase a jab at Chassidish English? Lol because I can’t stand this phrase. (I’m Chassidish.)

GLUE

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:45 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Is this phrase a jab at Chassidish English? Lol because I can’t stand this phrase. (I’m Chassidish.)

My Grammar and spelling is not very good

How should I have phrased it better?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:47 pm
amother Grape wrote:

What is Keser? Afaik it's Monsey area of Viznitz shul.

crust

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:01 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
There's actually a Viznitz yeshiva in Blooming grove and a growing Viznitz community there.
There are plenty Satmer families living in Linden. Linden is not an exclusively Bobov community. People from all different sects live there.

And you and I know how well that went down.

Wink

Ok. I love my fellow chassidim from all chassidusen but I am wondering who ever said there are tons of options for established chassidish families?

We all know that there aren't really that many options for a chassidish grown family to move to.

Once you have sons in yeshiva and girls in schools you basically stay put.

Unless there was a real chaotic situation going on I haven't heard of someone uprooting their family and moving more than a two hour drive away from where they have been.

The ones that move a plane ride away are usually very young families which sometimes end up coming back or sending their children back for schooling/yeshiva once they get to that stage.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 4:17 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Antwerp, London, Manchester, Montreal, Vienna, Australia, Yerushalayim, Bnei Brak, Ashdod, Beit Shemesh.
For those willing to move Overseas.

Zurich

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 4:21 pm
I agree with Crust the people coming to my city for the kollelim or to be a rebbe are on the younger side with younger kids but the turnover seems to be low. Once people move I think they mostly stay. For girls parents send to the bais yaakov for high school and for boys I assume most go away to the east coast.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 4:23 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Baltimore has a chassidishe kollel
Miami has a smal chassidishe community with newly opened Cheder
Chicago has a chassidishe community and Kollel
LA, Toronto as well

None of these places are in the tri state area. OP asked for tri state area.

Baltimore is the closest with about a 2.5 hour drive to Lakewood. I know some chassidim there and they are happy. There is a chasidishe kollel, Cheder, girls school and shul. There is all the infrastructure of a large city but it is definitely out of town so on a much smaller scale. Just letting you know in case you're willing to move out a bit.

Sorry I can't be too helpful about the tri state area aside from Lakewood, Brooklyn and Monsey which you obviously know about already.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 4:28 pm
Most of these places near the Tri-State area are not shayach for most.

Union City- only Klausenberg
Jersey City-only Satmar
Blooming Grove- only Satmar
Skver-only Skver
Monroe- only Satmar
Linden- mixed
Staten Island- mixed. (Not affordable)

Etc. You get the point.
Now most of these places would not even let me move there. If I am heimish chasidish I am doomed! That's why I moved to Lakewood. I'm the OP of the can't get into Lakewood school thread.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 8:19 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Can people also post if there’s a chill heimish community somewhere? People who wear chassidish levush but don’t have a rebbe and don’t speak Yiddish.

There’s a small community in Monsey and some in Lakewood but I want a more affordable community to live in.

Milwaukee
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating