Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Boys High Schools, bais avrohom, rosenbaum, neiman

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 11:19 pm
Anyone know anything about these 3 high schools?

Rabbi Neiman - Mesivta Shaarei Torah.
Rabbi Rosenabum - Yeshiva Hameir L'yisroel
Bais Avrohom - Rabbi Wulliger

I specifically want to know about the boys that are there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:23 am
Anyone?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:33 am
Neiman is a fantastic place. The magid shiurim are so warm, caring and knowledgeable I could not be happier. We just had pta (yes they allow Moms to come) and was so impressed, one by one, from all the staff members. So normal.
They have a really good menahel, part time this year, next year will be full time. The kids connect well with him. He's the perfect mix of strict yet relatable. They make no issues at all if I need to take my son out for an appointment.
The boys are a mix of heimish, chassidish. Short jackets, long reklech, uphats, biber hats, peyos down or behind the ear. There's a strong sense of camaraderie.
They just moved to a new place b"h and it's beautiful.
They really give it all to the kids.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 12:54 pm
How serious are the boys? How many grades are there? Is there a lot of vaping? Is there English?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 1:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
How serious are the boys? How many grades are there? Is there a lot of vaping? Is there English?

There's no vaping allowed, yeshiva is strict about it. I'm sure there are some that try to break the rules but it's definitely not openly like in other places.

There's 9th 10th and 11th. This year they also have an 8th grade but I'm not sure that is a permanent thing. It's small classes.

There's no English but twice a week they have something called Skills where they are taught life skills like balancing a check book, how to apply for a passport etc... such type of things. I think it's a new program being implemented in many lakewood mesivtas.

My son is a serious boy that also knows how to have a good time. He's a very strong learner. I think the place has serious vibe. It's definitely not for boys that just need to be in yeshiva to be kept off the streets.
But they do allow the boys to breathe. They have mesibas, sometimes the magid shiur hosts a leil shishi. Last year they had a beautiful shabatton upstate. Once a month they get an off shabbos which means no yeshiva Friday and late start Sunday.
I like that it's not a crazy pressured place. It's 8am to 8pm and once a week they finish at 6:15 so they can eat supper at home. I love that.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 2:34 pm
Sounds really nice. Thank you.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 5:59 pm
Does anyone have a phone number for Neiman?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries