Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Putting EVERYTHING in mouth!

manhattanmom

Post Sat, Jun 21 2008, 11:22 pm
I'm just wondering if there's a specific age that babies STOP putting everything in their mouths or does it vary widely across all babies?
My son will be 12 months this week and it seems like it won't ever stop! He does take a pacifier and often I give him one just so he won't put everything in his mouth--it's really hard--I'll clean up soo well and he'll manage to find the smallest piece of lint or something.

Ima2

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 8:33 pm
I think some kids have an oral fixation. I don't know when babies stop putting things in their mouth as much, but some kids always need to have something in their moths. I had a roommate in college, who HAD to have something in her mouth always! I mean, pen caps being chewed (even those that weren't hers), tape (masking) and yes, even paper! I wouldn't worry, plus, he'll have plenty of antibodies so he won't get sick as often as other kids!

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 8:57 pm
That's what I figured--I was just hoping my son didn't stay orally fixated throughout his life like his mother. Rolling Eyes
I sucked my thumb until I was um...not going to mention that here embarrassed and I often have pen caps in my mouth....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics