Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ginny and Georgia

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:08 pm
I really enjoyed the series.

Anyone else watched?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:24 pm
Yes!! Ginny is incredibly annoying at times but she adds a lot of depth to the storyline(s).

I like that they integrated a deaf actor into the series (Max and Marcus’ dad) and think it is SO cool how they speak and sign simultaneously.

Austin is adorable.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:25 pm
Yes! Loved this show! So good
Anyone know of any shows similar to this one? Ive been looking for a while and can’t find anything

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:49 pm
I just finished the entire series actually. I am way more disturbed from this show that I was from Gilmore girls actually. Teenagers, preteens, and early 20s are watching this kind of show thinking that this kind of mother-daughter relationship is special. I wonder if there’s any kind of correlation between teen pregnancy, and it shows like this. We know that there was a huge uptick in teen pregnancy after MTV’s series on the topic.

It is highly dysfunctional and while it can make for some entertaining TV, it really bothers me.

Ginny and Georgia pushed the line up way too far in my opinion in the way, they showed teenagers, drinking, drug use, and sx. These are 10th graders getting high and drunk like it’s normal. And this kind of show really normalize it. I’m not naïve. I’m a BT and I went to public school. This show took it too far.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 5:49 pm
I actually really understood Ginny a lot, and while she definitely could do with a little more appreciation to her mother, I get that she’s in so much pain from the burden her mom has placed on her.
I also related a lot to some of Marcus’s struggle with depression. I don’t have actual depression but sometimes I have very low feelings and his narration about what it’s like resonated with me.

I want to see him in therapy in season 3, I’d love to see him getting help.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 6:53 pm
watergirl wrote:
I just finished the entire series actually. I am way more disturbed from this show that I was from Gilmore girls actually. Teenagers, preteens, and early 20s are watching this kind of show thinking that this kind of mother-daughter relationship is special. I wonder if there’s any kind of correlation between teen pregnancy, and it shows like this. We know that there was a huge uptick in teen pregnancy after MTV’s series on the topic.

It is highly dysfunctional and while it can make for some entertaining TV, it really bothers me.

Ginny and Georgia pushed the line up way too far in my opinion in the way, they showed teenagers, drinking, drug use, and sx. These are 10th graders getting high and drunk like it’s normal. And this kind of show really normalize it. I’m not naïve. I’m a BT and I went to public school. This show took it too far.

Georgia had a really tough life, I doubt this show would convince any teen to get pregnant.

Also, you didn’t attend high school in 2023. My understanding is that this is how things are in some places.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:14 pm
watergirl wrote:

Not sure when/where you went to high school but this is very on par for my experience. And I was in high school while Teen Mom was on.

I feel like Gilmore Girls glorified the relationship way too much. In this, Georgia was highly dysfunctional, definitely not a role model, and there were great examples of how her decisions were destroying her children and everyone around her.

Gilmore girls on the other hand presented Lorelei as a mostly functional but stressed single mom and Rory was basically thriving.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:20 pm
Where is this series available?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:54 pm
mamaleh wrote:
Where is this series available?

Netflix
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics