Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Soup 2 warm u'r kishkes

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 4:38 pm
I need new ideas I'm so bored of the old like chicken, cream of mushroom, and barley soup. oh and please lets keep it easy ok LOL

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 5:04 pm
this one is easy, but I don't how "yom tov"dik it is. I don't have exact measurements.

big can tomatoe juice
2 times the can amount of water.
bag of frozen veggies ( whatever you like)
handful of beans or noodles
salt, pepper to taste u could also add a little sugar

put up to boil and viola ..yum soup

leahj

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 5:55 pm
Indian Lentil Soup

2 c red lentils
6 c water
1 onion
1 garlic clove
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp curry
¼ tsp tumeric
salt
2 T olive oil
2 T lemon juice

sauté lightly chopped onions and garlic in olive oil
add water (1 c lentil per 3 c water)
rinse red lentil then add to boiling water.
add spices for 30-40 min stirring occasionally when done (I usually put the immulsion blender in pot to make it smooth)
Add , lemon juice, and salt to taste.

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 9:20 pm
Thanks so now I'm gonna experiment by doing it 4 first two days and see what my fam says. But sounds oh so yum Tongue Out

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Oct 17 2005, 8:02 am
My friend made the minestrone soup out of the spice and spirit for rosh hashona. It was yummy and she put in meatballs for more bulk.

supermom

Post Tue, Oct 18 2005, 11:18 am
I make that for my family and especially for meals for mothers and everyone is crazy over it. I must say you should try it it is a real big hit.

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 8:16 pm
Which one Super Confused

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 20 2005, 5:23 am
I was answering pickle lady's post about the minostrome soup you should try it. but warning you it is really filling it is best for a supper meal I make it for my kids and husband and he gets filled up with it all the time. and don't forget to make some onion or garlic rolls with it if you are in the mood it really goes well together. I get the onion rolls from the spice and spirit purple cookbook and the garlic well I just substitute the garlic for the onion.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Oct 23 2005, 5:52 pm
my husband doesn't like plain chicken soup so I usually make vegetable soup (sometimes with chicken in it, too). Just put in everything - onion, zucchini, carrots, celery, barley, sweet potato and spices. You can also use a hand blender if you want to blend it to a thick soup. personally, my husband prefers the veggies in chunks,though.

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 23 2005, 6:55 pm
What about a pureed soup anyone I love those too but haven't attempted to make it myself yet Question

curlyhead

Post Sun, Oct 23 2005, 7:07 pm
How about pumpkin soup.
Add onion, garlic and a pumpkin. You could also add other vegies or just plain pumpkin. and puree it.

curlyhead

Post Sun, Oct 23 2005, 7:08 pm
or butternut squash

debz123

Post Sun, Oct 23 2005, 8:55 pm
here's a great - and easy! - pureed soup:

(I don't have exact measurments, just estimate based on how much soup you want)

ingredients:
zucchinis
onions
salt

instructions:
wash the zucchinis well. cut them into chunks (with the peel on) and put them in a pot of a small amount of boiling water (as little water as possible because when you puree it, if there is too much water, it will be too liquidy and not thick enough). add onions and salt. let it boil until it is very soft. when it is done, blend it with a hand blender till its thick and smooth.

you can garnish it with soup croutons or a sprig of parsley.

its so simple, its hard to imagine it can taste so delicious and look so elegant!

motheroftwo

Post Wed, Oct 26 2005, 7:52 pm
This is what I make for my kids-

First I cook the dried split peas in water (1/2hour maybe) then I add carrots, sweet potatoes,zuchini,celery. once cooked I puree the whole thing with a hand blender. Add salt as desired.

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 26 2005, 7:53 pm
Thanks everyone Very Happy

supermom

Post Wed, Oct 26 2005, 11:22 pm
what did you end up making at the end?

willow

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 7:37 am
I made a really easy and yummy soup, the best part is that anything you have on hand works.
take a couple onions and saute them with any kind of meat you have. Then take whatever veggies you have lying around. Ex. carrots, potatoes, (I like to use daikon radish) squash, beets, celery, zucchini, pumpkin, cabbage... cut up and put in pot with onions and meat.
I like to use a lot of fresh dill, garlic and parsely. Then I put in some sort of tomatoe product Ex.tomato past canned tomato or salsa(gives it such a pretty color and flavour.
I then put in salt, pepper and all the spices that I like. Fill pot up with water Bring to boil and whala you are finshed! I let it simmer on low flame for a couple hours. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics