Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 18  19  20 40  41  42  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:39 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Because it's a made up story so the author knows the outcome.... lol.

I don't like the things this therapist said. He keeps talking about maintaining healthy boundaries but you cant maintain healthy boundaries with unhealthy people
. Been there, done that, got the t shirt....

And all these pages of nothing, can be condensed to על כן יעזוב איש את אביו ואת אימו.....

His obligation is to his new family first, before his parents and siblings. Its so simple, not sure why it's being made so complicated.

I called it!

You cant make boundaries with unhealthy people, my was that an understatement!!!!

In all honesty I really don't see this marriage lasting. There's just no way forward here. Hoping Reva Pomerantz is a magician.... are they really going to allow a divorce in a frum magazine?

I'm very impressed with Ami for allowing this to be printed, and I really hope this opens the door to some real introspection in our communities.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:44 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:

are they really going to allow a divorce in a frum magazine?

I'm very impressed with Ami for allowing this to be printed, and I really hope this opens the door to some real introspection in our communities.

They did have a divorce in one of the serials in the past. The one where the husband was running a huge event and then it turned out something was messed up with the kashrus and he ran away to a hotel and wasn't found for weeks. His father was abusive (which is why he was somewhat abusive to his wife and kids) and his parents ended up divorced. However, they were side characters and of course he and his wife stayed together and "worked things out" 😃

amother
White

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 8:08 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
Agreed!!! When I read it I was like 'Bella is a monster!!!' How dare she speak to Miri like that!! She didn't just scream at her for putting a rift between her and her son, she ripped her apart with personal attacks and told her she would ruin her life unless her son backed off. I don't see how Miri could recover from something like that. Crying

Exactly my thoughts-this week was just too too much. If that happened to me I would probably get PTSD.

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 8:25 pm
Read this and last week's issues. Oh my!! What his father was saying made total sense.
I'm afraid Miri will hide it from Aryeh and will tell him to forget about his plan. Maybe the therapist or her mom will intervene at that point.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 8:34 pm
Well Bella makes the worst motherinlaw look good..
Are both her and her husband deeply unhealthy or could she be this way as a result of her husband?
She sounded like she was going crazy but treated miri terribly, does she herself believes the lies and unfair blame she put on miri?
She was also on a rant about cutting off from parents but didn't she do the same?? Confused

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 9:42 pm
What do you think will happen?

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 10:11 pm
I think they’ll separate and then aryeh will need to make a decision as to what he wants to do. Unless this therapist is smart enough to realise that it’s weird that Miri wants to rethink it because it’s what bought them to therapy in the first place.

amother
Aster

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 10:55 pm
Bella is really personality disordered and sick. She is abusive to Miri.
Doesn’t matter what her husband ever did to her or didn’t do.
Abuse is no excuse and abused wives do not act this way. Has nothing to do with how her husband may have treated her.
Next level sick.
To say worst MIL ever is an understatement.
Wish Miri would file a restraining order against her…

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 10:59 pm
amother Gold wrote:
I think they’ll separate and then aryeh will need to make a decision as to what he wants to do. Unless this therapist is smart enough to realise that it’s weird that Miri wants to rethink it because it’s what bought them to therapy in the first place.

Good possibilities
Both would be helpful
If aryeh separates he will probably realise how unhealthy his mother is.
She doesn't really want him to marry Confused

amother
Blushpink

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:08 pm
I think the only way to save the marriage is for the couple to move far away…

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:40 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Good possibilities
Both would be helpful
If aryeh separates he will probably realise how unhealthy his mother is.
She doesn't really want him to marry Confused

If they separate, he might not necessarily realize how unhealthy his mom is on his own. He could move back home and continue living like before. He still feels bad for her and has trouble with boundaries.

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:42 pm
I found the father's line about Bella being groomed for the victim role by her family her whole life very interesting.
And still curious how Mrs T is related to them. Bella's mom?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:42 pm
amother Honey wrote:
If they separate, he might not necessarily realize how unhealthy his mom is on his own. He could move back home and continue living like before. He still feels bad for her and has trouble with boundaries.

He's starting to wake up though, although unlikely he'll change so quick
IRL they would divorce?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:44 pm
amother Honey wrote:
I found the father's line about Bella being groomed for the victim role by her family her whole life very interesting.

I have a hunch that Mrs T will be the one to solve the issue between the couple somehow.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:50 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Bella is really personality disordered and sick. She is abusive to Miri.
Doesn’t matter what her husband ever did to her or didn’t do.
Abuse is no excuse and abused wives do not act this way. Has nothing to do with how her husband may have treated her.
Next level sick.
To say worst MIL ever is an understatement.
Wish Miri would file a restraining order against her

This was my first thought.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:51 pm
amother Honey wrote:

Ye her mother claimed victim? And now her? But whyd she cut off from her mother?
Ye she must be her mother, Mrs Teigman said she used to bake, whyd she hide it?

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:53 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Well Bella makes the worst motherinlaw look good..
Are both her and her husband deeply unhealthy or could she be this way as a result of her husband?
She sounded like she was going crazy but treated miri terribly, does she herself believes the lies and unfair blame she put on miri?
She was also on a rant about cutting off from parents but didn't she do the same?? Confused

Or he is the way he is as a coping mechanism for living with a woman like this. Having a spouse with a sever personality disorder is brutal.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 11:56 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
Or he is the way he is as a coping mechanism for living with a woman like this. Having a spouse with a sever personality disorder is brutal.

Also possible but from the way it was written sounded like he wasn't nice, and why would aryeh be so protective of her?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 12:00 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
Also possible but from the way it was written sounded like he wasn't nice, and why would aryeh be so protective of her?

I don’t think that’s a contradiction. He helped her from when he was young by the time he was able to make sense of the situation on his own he was already “brainwashed”. If that’s how the MIL can go off on Miri then goes to show she ain’t the saint everyone thinks she is. By no means is that an allowance for the father to talk this way but I don’t think he is all at fault.

samantha1

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 12:04 am
No I think Mrs T used to be married to Aryehs father . That’s y she fainted when she saw Aryeh, prob looks like him ….. and she is a divorced woman … makes sense …
Page 19 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 18  19  20 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room