Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you own a website-

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 8:47 am
Who do you use for SEO services to attract traffic?
What's average cost for such work?

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 8:48 am
Cost me about $2000 to get it made, I don’t need to direct traffic there, all my customers go on to sign up
Www.goldsmithswim.com

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 9:14 am
I don't put money into it, because I'm not doing it to earn money, it's a hobby. But in terms of SEO it took me a few months and now I more or less have the hang of it. At any rate, if you Google Isha Yiras Hashem, or Boris the Terrible Jewish Holidays, you get to the right place Smile

A lot of it is kind of self evident. Like you want to have an imprint on multiple platforms. Once I linked it on Reddit, that's when Google really began to index it. And that's completely free. There's lots of SEO stuff like that.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 9:17 am
I should note that I did do a small initial investment to get the unique website names in case I want it in the future. I think it was 4.84 on wordpress, and like 8$ a year for ishayirashashem.com.
But that is it. For now.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 9:33 am
amother Sand wrote:
Cost me about $2000 to get it made, I don’t need to direct traffic there, all my customers go on to sign up
Www.goldsmithswim.com

Thanks! How do your customers hear about you?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 9:34 am
ectomorph wrote:
I don't put money into it, because I'm not doing it to earn money, it's a hobby. But in terms of SEO it took me a few months and now I more or less have the hang of it. At any rate, if you Google Isha Yiras Hashem, or Boris the Terrible Jewish Holidays, you get to the right place Smile

A lot of it is kind of self evident. Like you want to have an imprint on multiple platforms. Once I linked it on Reddit, that's when Google really began to index it. And that's completely free. There's lots of SEO stuff like that.

Sorry for my ignorance, SEO is on my to do list, but so is lose ten pounds, and clean out my closets. What do you mean by linking it on Reddit? How does one do that and what does it accomplish?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 9:35 am
ectomorph wrote:

How do people hear of your site?

I'll check out reddit. Thanks

amf

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 9:42 am
amother OP wrote:
How do people hear of your site?

I'll check out reddit. Thanks

Reddit is great if you have a blog. If you have a service, e-commerce, etc website I doubt reddit will be of help to you.

The easiest, lowest-hanging-fruit way to boost your search ranking is to make sure you have the right keywords on your website. You can just add the keywords to your web copy

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:07 am
You need google to crawl your site, so it comes up in searches

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:09 am
Pop digital marketing got my company from page 7 on google to the top of page one. https://popdigitalmarketing.com/

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:27 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance, SEO is on my to do list, but so is lose ten pounds, and clean out my closets. What do you mean by linking it on Reddit? How does one do that and what does it accomplish?

I don't know what kind of website you have, but mine is a blog. So it works to have it on several platforms.

Honestly you just need to read up on it

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:28 am
amf wrote:
Reddit is great if you have a blog. If you have a service, e-commerce, etc website I doubt reddit will be of help to you.

The easiest, lowest-hanging-fruit way to boost your search ranking is to make sure you have the right keywords on your website. You can just add the keywords to your web copy

It's still good to join a relevant reddit group. And Instagram.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 11:35 am
So I have am e-commerce website. What's best/simplest/cheapest way to attract customers? (Besides regular advertising)

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 12:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! How do your customers hear about you?

I am the only frum swim school in town so primarily word of mouth.
B”H I have more customers than I can handle (working on building a bigger facility and expanding but slight funding issues 🙂 with that) so I don’t have a problem. I do occasionally get not Jewish customers but most of my clients come from within the community.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 12:57 pm
I’ve been doing SEO for close to 15 years, I now work in-house as an CMO and do very limited consulting on the side.
For an e-commerce business a lot is dependent on your industry and how competitive it is. Websites often need a combination of SEO, Google Ads, social ads, retargeting, and other marketing channel to target users in different stages of the consumer funnel. A smart marketer will do thorough market research to help you pinpoint the channels most appropriate for you.
Be very wary of agencies, there are some good ones but many hand off the work to low paid associates and the results are scary. A bad agency could get you caught in a Google penalty.
For a small business this may not be feasible but the best optimization is really done in-house by a marketer that really understands your business.
Anon because too many people can identify me from my unique job but if you have more questions feel free to post an email address and I’ll do my best to guide you.

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 1:43 pm
amother Sand wrote:
I am the only frum swim school in town so primarily word of mouth.
B”H I have more customers than I can handle (working on building a bigger facility and expanding but slight funding issues 🙂 with that) so I don’t have a problem. I do occasionally get not Jewish customers but most of my clients come from within the community.

Happy customer here! If you're in Cleveland and you have a child who needs lessons, feel free to message me for a reference.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 11:55 am
For e-commerce the most basic rule is making sure you plug in the correct key words into your pages.

Starting a blog related to your content can also be helpful.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 12:53 pm
Rule #1 - keep repeating your key words over and over, on your home page, about us, product descriptions, back end..
At one point I made myself a website for a fad product. It came up #1 in Google and I didn't pay a penny

amother
Banana

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 5:34 pm
I have a blog and I do show up first in Google. I just have a very small demographic so it's hard. I have a site that sells digital art for teachers for parsha and holidays. I'd love to know how I can get it out more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics