Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Help me with counter covers....
1  2  Next

LO

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:22 pm
Hi all! My husband hates that white cardboard counter covers that they sell at the store, and the other types we have tried all leave a residue on the counter. I don't have room to store reusable counter covers, so I think the contact paper is my only choice, but I am open for suggestions....Has anyone tried a type that comes off easily, or do you have any other ideas for me? Thanks!

amother
White

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:23 pm
Have you tried tiles?

LO

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:25 pm
How would that work? Are those adhesive? I am open to the idea but please explain for the ignorant. Smile Thanks so much!

Ridethewaves

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:36 pm
We use thick contact paper, but don't use the sticker. We just use duck tape to tape it down. You'll still need to use some goo gone or vinegar to get rid of the tape residue but it's a lot less than the contact paper.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:38 pm
I lay down some heavy duty aluminum foil on the counter. If needed I use blue painters tape to secure it. Then I put peel and stick vinyl floor tiles on top. They are thick and wipe clean easily. They also can be easily snapped in half when scored with a razor blade. They are one foot square so most don't need cutting to size. The kitchen looks pretty nice and it's super easy to remove. I buy a box of 20 tiles for $10 on Amazon.

LO

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:44 pm
Such a good idea! Can you send a link to the tiles you use?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:46 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
I lay down some heavy duty aluminum foil on the counter. If needed I use blue painters tape to secure it. Then I put peel and stick vinyl floor tiles on top. They are thick and wipe clean easily. They also can be easily snapped in half when scored with a razor blade. They are one foot square so most don't need cutting to size. The kitchen looks pretty nice and it's super easy to remove. I buy a box of 20 tiles for $10 on Amazon.

Can you post a link of the tiles from Amazon

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:47 pm
LO wrote:
Such a good idea! Can you send a link to the tiles you use?

Nexus Self Adhesive 12-Inch Vinyl Floor Tiles, 20 Tiles - 12" x 12", Bianco Marble Pattern - Peel & Stick, DIY Flooring for Kitchen, Dining Room, Bedrooms & Bathrooms by Achim Home Decor

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R.....ss_tl

There's almost always one or two patterns that are $10. I'm not picky about that.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:10 pm
Is it for one year only?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:11 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Is it for one year only?

Yes, I never tried reusing them.

I did consider buying cheap ceramic floor tile and saving that from year to year but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:15 pm
I like the white corrugated plastic. Is that what you mean by cardbpard? It's wipeable and lasts a few years.

My mother used linoleum flooring, she buys a roll (scrap) and cuts to size and tapes down. Also wipeable and reusable for a few years.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:22 pm
Like this, but try to find longer.

https://www.amazon.com/18x24-C.....ss_tl

Kind of like this
https://www.amazon.com/Oxdigi-.....ss_tl

But not sticky and a huge roll, like 5 feet high, from home depot kind of like this maybe
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Na.....erlay

LO

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:32 pm
I ordered some. Thanks for the idea! Smile

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:44 pm
For these tiles in link. How big is your kitchen? Trying to figure how many I need

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
For these tiles in link. How big is your kitchen? Trying to figure how many I need

Most counters are about 2 feet deep. Measure the length of counter space in your kitchen in feet and multiply by 2. That's how many tiles you need.

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:25 pm
It’s not a hassle to stick on each tile? Tile in the corners?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:32 pm
I find it goes very fast. The tiles are very stiff. You rip off the paper backing and just lay it down where you want it. It sticks right away. I'm not a super perfectionist about it, and some of the tiles might overlap a bit because I'm doing it quickly. The corners are actually the easiest because it's easy to get it perfectly straight.

mommyla

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:37 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
Nexus Self Adhesive 12-Inch Vinyl Floor Tiles, 20 Tiles - 12" x 12", Bianco Marble Pattern - Peel & Stick, DIY Flooring for Kitchen, Dining Room, Bedrooms & Bathrooms by Achim Home Decor

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R.....ss_tl

There's almost always one or two patterns that are $10. I'm not picky about that.

This is interesting! I always use corrugated plastic but I like this idea. Are these smooth? A lot of floor tiles have grooves which I imagine would be hard to clean.

nu

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:46 pm
PESACH Counter Cover Rolls. Perfect for Lining Your Fridge, Freezer, Counter, high Chairs, cabinets and More (1 Roll) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q.....ss_tl

We use this its amazing doesnt fall off and easy to come off after peasch

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:53 pm
mommyla wrote:
This is interesting! I always use corrugated plastic but I like this idea. Are these smooth? A lot of floor tiles have grooves which I imagine would be hard to clean.

They are not perfectly smooth but not very textured. I never found them hard to clean.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics