Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Strong girdle / shape wear (TMI?)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:20 am
After a twin pregnancy (many years ago, but the loose skin remains) followed by significant weight gain my "natural" appearance is about 6 months pregnant.

I would rather people not think im expecting.

I have not found a girdle that can hold my stomach in. With my hands I can manipulate my stomach flat, but it just pops through any shape wear I buy and I dont look too much flatter.

Any personal recommendations for something strong that can do the job and where to buy it?

Plus, so many I try make noise!!!!! What's with that! Silence please!

***the only girdle that has been able to handle my twin skin is about 20 years old and alas, I have gained too much weight to use it. I kept it all this time because nothing ever came close.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:24 am
Following
I especially hate the love handles!

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:27 am
I love Rago shapewear, I've found it very effective.

It's easy to find online, but if you buy locally, you can try on to more easily figure out size and style.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:37 am
Do you live in town? Custom Maid shape wear is know to be really effective for what you're describing. I believe they're available in all popular Jewish stores that sell underwear.
Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:06 am
amother Daphne wrote:
Do you live in town? Custom Maid shape wear is know to be really effective for what you're describing. I believe they're available in all popular Jewish stores that sell underwear.
Good luck!

Lakewood.

I honestly haven't tried in the stores here for a few years because I got discouraged.

I woukd by things and they woukd smooth, bit I'd need to wear my old one over them.

Is this a new product?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:29 am
amother OP wrote:
After a twin pregnancy (many years ago, but the loose skin remains) followed by significant weight gain my "natural" appearance is about 6 months pregnant.

I would rather people not think im expecting.

I have not found a girdle that can hold my stomach in. With my hands I can manipulate my stomach flat, but it just pops through any shape wear I buy and I dont look too much flatter.

Any personal recommendations for something strong that can do the job and where to buy it?

Plus, so many I try make noise!!!!! What's with that! Silence please!

***the only girdle that has been able to handle my twin skin is about 20 years old and alas, I have gained too much weight to use it. I kept it all this time because nothing ever came close.

I also should have noted that I'm looking for plus size! Please note If you know it works for larger sizes.

But please recommend things for everyone!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 8:23 am
Bumping.

What do people use that works.

Reviews 9n Rago are that it makes noise by the thighs. Yes mine rub together. I need a brand that doesn't do that.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 8:37 am
I think you should go to one of the stores for a perfect fit. I started going to myself lingerie and I’m pleased with the service.
You can also go to Tafi.
Don’t go on a Sunday. It gets crowded with high school girls.
For the most personal attention I would recommend going on a weekday morning before 2pm.
Do this for yourself. You deserve it.
Shopping online is too complicated with so many options and sizes. You’ll get what you’re looking for when you go to a store and get fitted.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 8:59 am
A corset will hold in your stomach. It won’t help with the thighs.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:05 am
I have the loose skin from one pregnancy! (baby was 9 pounds).
Can’t find anything to flatten my belly

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 11:00 am
amother Bone wrote:
A corset will hold in your stomach. It won’t help with the thighs.

Thighs are fine, I don't care that they rub together except many of these girdles cover the thighs and are made of a material that is noisy when rubbed together. I have no idea why they make them that way.

I did not have this noisy fabric problem years ago.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 11:08 am
amother Violet wrote:
I think you should go to one of the stores for a perfect fit. I started going to myself lingerie and I’m pleased with the service.
You can also go to Tafi.
Don’t go on a Sunday. It gets crowded with high school girls.
For the most personal attention I would recommend going on a weekday morning before 2pm.
Do this for yourself. You deserve it.
Shopping online is too complicated with so many options and sizes. You’ll get what you’re looking for when you go to a store and get fitted.

I've been to the stores in Lakewood though I admit the last time I tried to purchase these things there was years ago. Bought something, paid a ton, and it smoothed but was not strong enough to hold. I was much skinnier then too! I have not been eager to try this again.

Have you found success with this?

Literally the only thing I have that works is from 20 years ago....but it's nearing the end of its life and I'm too big

Any plus size ladies on here that have found suceess? I'd like to hear real life successes.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 11:32 am
The reason why I think going to a store to get properly fitted is the best thing is because sometimes they can feel too tight and uncomfortable. It can actually hurt to wear it. Obviously you don’t want it to be a girdle that doesn’t offer enough support either. I’ve had experience both ways. It’s really hard to get the perfect fit.
There is a fitter at myself lingerie- I don’t know her name.. she’s probably around 50- blondish hair. She’s excellent. The others are younger- maybe Mexican but this woman seems to be American. If you can get her, you’ll probably be happy.
In Tafi, the owner fits best but there are many other women who work there so you might not get her unless you request.
Sure you can order 10 different girdles online to try on but none of them might work and you’ll have to deal with many returns.
The only online order for a comfortable girdle that worked for me was through the spanx company. It was many years ago and they stopped making the one that does it’s magic for me.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 11:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Thighs are fine, I don't care that they rub together except many of these girdles cover the thighs and are made of a material that is noisy when rubbed together. I have no idea why they make them that way.

I did not have this noisy fabric problem years ago.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Swoonbusk
She makes modernized corsets with zippers.
You need to preorder so it would be a few months until it’s ready. It also takes some getting used to because it’s an actual corset.
But I guarantee it will hold.
If you message her I have found her to be very helpful. I believe she is plus size herself.
I realize this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for but it may be something to keep in mind if you can’t find a girdle.

contextual

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 1:28 pm
Have you ruled out diastasis recti?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 2:44 pm
contextual wrote:
Have you ruled out diastasis recti?

Probably should look into that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics