Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tights vs stockings vs socks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:58 pm
BT here… I read and hear people talking about whether to wear stockings or tights … what’s the difference? Also read threads regarding tznius and moms who “don’t wear socks”. Is this talking about tights? I feel so out of the know, please give me the lowdown so I don’t feel like such an outsider Laugh

scruffy

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:07 pm
Lol!

Tights usually refers to black opaque stockings. Usually worn in cooler seasons.

Stockings usually refers to nude tone sheer stockings (depending on the community, the level of opacity will differ). Usually worn in the summer.

Moms who "don't wear socks" don't cover their legs in any way, whether with tights or otherwise. They may wear leggings though.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:50 pm
Socks are thicker and generally don’t go higher than above the ankle.
Younger girls often will wear knee socks that go to the knees.
I wear ankle socks for exercise.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:54 pm
scruffy wrote:
Lol!

Tights usually refers to black opaque stockings. Usually worn in cooler seasons.

Stockings usually refers to nude tone sheer stockings (depending on the community, the level of opacity will differ). Usually worn in the summer.

Moms who "don't wear socks" don't cover their legs in any way, whether with tights or otherwise. They may wear leggings though.

And silly me though that don’t wear socks means only wears tights/stockings as socks are not sufficiently tznius.
I can’t imagine “Doesn’t wear socks” meaning that they they only go bare legged, as it implies they don’t wear socks at all and sometimes it is cold and sometimes shoes need socks

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
BT here… I read and hear people talking about whether to wear stockings or tights … what’s the difference? Also read threads regarding tznius and moms who “don’t wear socks”. Is this talking about tights? I feel so out of the know, please give me the lowdown so I don’t feel like such an outsider Laugh

It might depend where/how you grew up, so I will only speak to my understanding.

Tights are thick. They are not sheer.
Stockings are thinner, and opaque. You can see the leg (although not necessarily clearly) through them.
There are those tho don’t wear socks, except maybe in the house. When they go out, they only wear tights or stockings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics