Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Would you lease directly from Toyota dealership?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 2:05 pm
Oh ok. Thanks for your help.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 2:07 pm
Can I finance a car without paying a down payment?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 2:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Which car did you get? Are all Toyota models reliable enough to invest in them?

I know the Toyota Corolla is supposedly the most reliable one, but I would need a bigger car and can’t decide between the rav4 and the Corolla cross.

We need a minivan so got the Sienna. We got a hybrid and it really saves us on gas! So far really liking it. Advanced cruise control is great for long drives, it's almost self driving.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Which car did you get? Are all Toyota models reliable enough to invest in them?

I know the Toyota Corolla is supposedly the most reliable one, but I would need a bigger car and can’t decide between the rav4 and the Corolla cross.

If you need bigger, then you should probably go with the rav 4. The corolla cross is very small

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:43 pm
Amarante wrote:
I agree that this is the way to go but you don't have to be quite so extreme in terms of buying a 15 year old car.

You can purchase a newer used car that still has a lot of good life in it and make the payments on the car instead of just "renting" a car which is what a lease is. Don't forget that most leases also require some form of down payment which is used to calculate the lease payments.

You are also limited in terms of mileage and often penalized if car is not returned in pristine condition at the end of the lease.

When you purchase a car there should be a period of time in which there are no car payments - just save those and you will eventually be able to purchase a car for cash.

I didnt buy a 15 year old car, it was closer to 11 when I got it.
But it was a couple of thousand dollars, and I couldn't afford more at the time.

I have said this on other threads, but ill say it's again - Amarante, you were instrumental in me doing this! You answer questions, you Break it down, and I did it! I paid cash on a brand new car.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Red wrote:
I didnt buy a 15 year old car, it was closer to 11 when I got it.
But it was a couple of thousand dollars, and I couldn't afford more at the time.

I have said this on other threads, but ill say it's again - Amarante, you were instrumental in me doing this! You answer questions, you Break it down, and I did it! I paid cash on a brand new car.

Sorry if I was confused.

I just meant that it doesn’t have to be black or white. Maybe it takes a bit longer if you buy a more expensive car but eventually you will be financially better off because you will be able to pay cash for your car.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 11:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m looking into the new Toyota Corolla cross. Is it ok to go directly to Toyota dealership or would a frum dealer be a better option for reasons like being easier about damages etc. when I return.

And is it worth it to finance a car?

I would never lease directly from a Toyota dealership only because of what my parents went through when they did. They took advantage of them and scammed them to the tune of $10,000. BH I was able to get the money back for them after contacting the attorney general’s office but that was a long drawn out ordeal. Stick to the frum dealer. They’re not as likely to scam you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics