Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
What exactly TAG does (and doesn't do).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:01 pm
I want to understand what TAG offers and does, and I keep seeing and hearing conflicting things. Maybe because different communities use it differently?

I understand TAG explains and installs different filtering options on a device.

Does TAG explain many kinds of filtering options or only Jewish/frum options?

Does TAG give the device owner full control over whatever filters are installed, or does TAG maintain some gatekeeping function? For example, does the device owner have to make a request to TAG to have a site unblocked, or to request to have a setting changed? Or can the device owner just do it themselves?

Or is it the filter companies (eg Gentech, Techloq) that maintain some sort of control over settings?

Would love to understand this better.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:18 am
Bump. Anyone?

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:12 am
With iPhone you will have more control of your filters (through them). Can just choose websites and apps to block or something like that.

I found with android they had to download a different app and was much more annoying and many apps and websites got blocked

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I want to understand what TAG offers and does, and I keep seeing and hearing conflicting things. Maybe because different communities use it differently?

I understand TAG explains and installs different filtering options on a device.

Does TAG explain many kinds of filtering options or only Jewish/frum options?

Does TAG give the device owner full control over whatever filters are installed, or does TAG maintain some gatekeeping function? For example, does the device owner have to make a request to TAG to have a site unblocked, or to request to have a setting changed? Or can the device owner just do it themselves?

Or is it the filter companies (eg Gentech, Techloq) that maintain some sort of control over settings?

Would love to understand this better.

Can you call them to discuss your questions?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:27 am
amother Sapphire wrote:
Can you call them to discuss your questions?

I may do that. But I would prefer not to take their time unless I'm planning to use their services, and right now I'm leaning away from that option.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:32 am
amother Diamond wrote:
With iPhone you will have more control of your filters (through them). Can just choose websites and apps to block or something like that.

I found with android they had to download a different app and was much more annoying and many apps and websites got blocked

I have Android, DH has iPhone.

So whatever is blocked, what is the process to unblock or block additional items or change settings? Can you just do it yourself, or do you have to make a request to TAG or to the filter company?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics