Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Tying a scarf on Shobbus

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:01 am
I have some very beautiful scarfs that I would like to were this Yom Tov.

How ever I can not figure out how to Tye a knot on Shobbus\Yom Tov that is with halcha and won't fall out.

Any advise?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:49 pm
Bump

(hopeful someone will answer)

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:52 pm
I'm not sure I understand. Why do you need to tie a double knot in order to wear a scarf?

cbsp

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:44 pm
Rappel wrote:
I'm not sure I understand. Why do you need to tie a double knot in order to wear a scarf?

There are some styles where they braid 3 tichels (I've seen the videos, I think on wrapunzel's youtube channel)

There are some styles (especially multi tichel) that end up effectively being knotted even if the initial wrap wasn't.

May one leave the wrapped (and knotted style) "done up" after Shabbos (I don't always unwrap the tichels after I take it off my head)? Or does leaving them together turn it into something permanent according to halacha?

So many times I wondered why I was the only one with such issues, thank you OP for asking!

hodeez

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:49 pm
cbsp wrote:
There are some styles where they braid 3 tichels (I've seen the videos, I think on wrapunzel's youtube channel)

There are some styles (especially multi tichel) that end up effectively being knotted even if the initial wrap wasn't.

May one leave the wrapped (and knotted style) "done up" after Shabbos (I don't always unwrap the tichels after I take it off my head)? Or does leaving them together turn it into something permanent according to halacha?

So many times I wondered why I was the only one with such issues, thank you OP for asking!

I think if it was done before shabbat it was ok, unraveling would probably be a problem on shabbat. I dont see what type of wrap would require a double knot, and even if it did you could just undo it on shabat and it wouldn't be permanent.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 12:43 am
Ask your lor but I remember learning that a double knot in a mitpachat is ok if you're going to have to open it to take it off.

cbsp

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:15 am
amother Lotus wrote:
Ask your lor but I remember learning that a double knot in a mitpachat is ok if you're going to have to open it to take it off.

So I don't always open it to take it off but I do always untie it when I use it again.

(I'm not making a double knot on purpose. But if you tie once and then tuck in and pull through and then do it again with the other tichel at some point the tails do become quite entangled/knotted /woven)

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:20 am
My Tichel knots never last more than a couple hours. I never thought this was a question. Knots are only a problem when they’re permanent.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:03 am
I’m Chassidish and wear a tichel to shul on shabbos. This shaila actually NEVER occurred to me! Many people around me do the same, now I’m wondering whether there is a problem with it…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:12 am
amother Lotus wrote:

Thank you I will.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels