Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
When are people going/coming home from the country?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 14 2023, 6:35 pm
Hi, does anyone have the dates when people are going upstate this year and when they are coming back?

Tia

amother
Sunflower

Post Fri, Apr 14 2023, 6:53 pm
Is this one poster asking imamothers to list “all the bungalow colonies” then in another thread “I want to go to the Catskills, where can I go?” and now this thread. It’s a bit much.

If you have specific practical questions imamothers can help you. Please research among friends/ co-workers/ neighbors/ family to get an idea of what you are looking for and then come back and post. Or are you simply curious or being whishful? Hatzlacha

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 14 2023, 6:58 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
Is this one poster asking imamothers to list “all the bungalow colonies” then in another thread “I want to go to the Catskills, where can I go?” and now this thread. It’s a bit much.

If you have specific practical questions imamothers can help you. Please research among friends/ co-workers/ neighbors/ family to get an idea of what you are looking for and then come back and post. Or are you simply curious or being whishful? Hatzlacha

I’m not the other person and I didn’t see the other thread. I have a practical reason why I want to know. My thread title was very clear, and if you don’t like it or don’t have an answer you don’t have to open it.

Thanks for making me feel like two cents. I really appreciate it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 14 2023, 6:59 pm
Oh, and not everyone has irl friends/neighbors/co workers/ family they can ask.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Apr 14 2023, 7:01 pm
All these bungalow colony threads today are asking super general questions. I could have sworn it’s the same style of writing in all. There isn’t one answer and most people are not answering these questions on erev shabbos.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Apr 14 2023, 7:03 pm
Different communities go up depending when their kids end school. Personally my kids end June 19th and the overnight camp they’re going to starts June 22nd so we’l prob go upstate 19th or 20th. They restart school august 28th, so we’l be back before then..
hope that helps

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 14 2023, 7:06 pm
amother Olive wrote:
All these bungalow colony threads today are asking super general questions. I could have sworn it’s the same style of writing in all. There isn’t one answer and most people are not answering these questions on erev shabbos.

I thought my question was super specific and all I needed was one person to give me the dates. I need the answer for a good reason, but I don’t think I’ll post on imamother again anytime soon.

Good shabbos all.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 9:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
I thought my question was super specific and all I needed was one person to give me the dates. I need the answer for a good reason, but I don’t think I’ll post on imamother again anytime soon.

Good shabbos all.

You had the misfortune of posting right after a bunch of bungalow posts that were very vague and nonspecific. If those weren’t you sorry for the terse answer. Most people go up when the girl schools end and come back when school starts, generally the 2nd to third week of June until the end of August.

seeker

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 9:16 pm
I don't know the answer but just validating that it's a fair question.

There is usually a mass migration date/week. Sometimes it's timed a little differently between chasidish, yeshivish, and modern groups. But there's a defined season.

I think if you go to some camp websites and look at their dates for the season it'll give you an idea for the start. The end is usually a week or two later than the camps end. I think. People who own their own houses often stay later, while colonies close down more abruptly.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 9:37 pm
People who own will probably go up in time for the shabbos of weekend June 23. Those that rent will probably go up the following week.

Coming back after shabbos August 27, possibly later for those who own.

Just making calculations based on calendar, school and camp dates, and what happens most years based on those.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 9:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:
People who own will probably go up in time for the shabbos of weekend June 23. Those that rent will probably go up the following week.

Coming back after shabbos August 27, possibly later for those who own.

Just making calculations based on calendar, school and camp dates, and what happens most years based on those.

Thank you ra mom!

NechaMom

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 9:41 pm
Wow! Sorry op that your innocent question got such backlash.
You’d think you asked “where can I go loot some stores tonight!”

amother
Sunflower

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 9:51 pm
NechaMom wrote:
Wow! Sorry op that your innocent question got such backlash.
You’d think you asked “where can I go loot some stores tonight!”

It’s context. Shortly before that was a thread asking to list all the bungalow colonies. Then a thread “I want to go to the Catskills.” Then this thread which was a legitimate question but appeared to be another follow up.

Ever have a relative who asks a series of annoying or inappropriate questions and then asks what would be a legitimate question but because of the context you snap at her? That what happened here, and I do apologize.

NechaMom

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 9:54 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
It’s context. Shortly before that was a thread asking to list all the bungalow colonies. Then a thread “I want to go to the Catskills.” Then this thread which was a legitimate question but appeared to be another follow up.

Ever have a relative who asks a series of annoying or inappropriate questions and then asks what would be a legitimate question but because of the context you snap at her? That what happened here.

There was no way for you to know it’s the same poster so your relative comparison is invalid.
Best to be extra cautious than rush to be rude.

ruchelbuckle

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 9:58 pm
I think a lot of the day camps inthe mountains start on June 26 and end around August 18. That might be a general framework to give you an idea to work around.

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 10:05 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
You had the misfortune of posting right after a bunch of bungalow posts that were very vague and nonspecific. If those weren’t you sorry for the terse answer. Most people go up when the girl schools end and come back when school starts, generally the 2nd to third week of June until the end of August.

This information is very off. No one goes up the second week of June ever . Usually the earliest anyone goes up is June 25. And the ops question was a very normal question . I have the same one myself .

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:

Ever have a relative who asks a series of annoying or inappropriate questions and then asks what would be a legitimate question but because of the context you snap at her? That what happened here, and I do apologize.

No excuse to jump on op like that, you owe her an apology.

Personally I have the same question as op. We all know the vague season but there is always that one weekend that brooklyn empties out & due to several events around that time I really want to know when that will be this year.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sat, Apr 15 2023, 10:25 pm
June 22-August 27
Bungalow colony in Monticello, rentals

Duh

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 12:50 am
amother OP wrote:

Good shabbos all.

Your question was legitimate. Someone else probably had a stressful day.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:09 am
Some schools are starting end of August.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries