Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
RN with BSN would like to get masters in nutrition or simila

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 12:20 pm
Hi
I am an RN with BS from LIU. I graduated 20 years ago. Worked only for few years as RN and then Put in resignation. I have been focusing on nutrition, cooking, food and love everything about nutritional health, food digestion in human body and more. I have battled gallstones and IBS in addition to other health issues that I found treatment and management through food and proper way of life. I would like to get my Masters in Nutrition to prepare myself to be able to put my knowledge and experience and help others who are interested in being helped and make also parnasa.

If you have any advice of what my next step should be. Please help me. I did some Online college searches. The only one that would work would be SaRa Shnieder (BP) but they are 45000 for the course. It’s almost double then other colleges. But their entrance requirements is only BS which I have. Any one familiar with this please help.
Thankyou.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 12:36 pm
Are you looking to be an MS, RDN or just the master’s?
What are you looking to do with it? Private practice or work in a clinical setting?

I went to NYU a very long time ago. I don’t know anything about the SaRa Shnieder (BP) program. Do sign off on DPD (are they still called that?) requirements? Do they help you match with an internship?

If you want to work in a clinical setting you would need an RDN. You can only sit for the exam after an official internship. If you want an RDN, and they don’t set students up with internships, it would be a hard pass as getting one on your own may not even be possible. If they do feed into an internship program (their own or someone else’s), other than the cost, no reason not to do them.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 1:28 pm
I don’t know if I should just get masters in nutrition or will need registered dietitian licensing. I want to work with pregnant moms, newborns, postpartum and infant nutrition. More or less like WIC PROGRAM Setting or similar. Giving nutrition education or seminars or similar instructions and education.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics