Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Wrinkled clothes in store

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 11:38 pm
If the clothing in a store are wrinkled from the packaging, do they usually steam them out for you? (Frum, not low end store)?

I feel like this has been done for me before on other stores. Though to be honest, most things aren't so wrinkled.

I purchased right before closing and did not notice the very heavy wrinkles from shipping. It is really too wrinkled to wear. I brought it back never worn for them to steam and they told me they don't steam and can't help me.

They said to bring to the cleaners. I didn't buy something at full price to spend $$ to ger the packing creases out.

Aaaarggg.

Do the stores you're familiar with take responsibility for their wrinkles?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 2:21 am
Sorry to go off-topic, but this reminds me of the perfect skirt I once found in a large store (not Jewish) - perfect, that is, until I noticed how heavily wrinkled the lining was...somebody had switched it for the new one she walked out in!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:06 am
I'm bumping for feedback.

I'm very frustrated as I need this dress for a simcha soon. It is delicate and pleated so I really don't want to bring it to the cleaners without ever wearing it and risk them damaging it and having a very expensive cleaners bill from the pleats.

It was a worker who told me they can't steam. And then said owner is hard to reach. She told me to take it too cleaners

So I need advice

Is worker being lazy and I should push to talk to owner?

Is this subpar service to not help me with the packing creases?
This happens to be the first time I used this store, so I will not go back if that's the case.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics