Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How many hours does a frozen yapchik need?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 7:24 pm
To cook in a crock pot ?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 12:20 am
Don’t know.
But also this year how do you make yapchik in crock pot?
Specific recipe if anyone has

tf

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 7:04 am
I don't freeze it, I refrigerate it in a tall plastic container. I don't add salt before Yom Tov, so it doesn't turn brown , only last minute. I still need to take off a small layer from the top.

elisheva25

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 2:06 pm
tf wrote:
I don't freeze it, I refrigerate it in a tall plastic container. I don't add salt before Yom Tov, so it doesn't turn brown , only last minute. I still need to take off a small layer from the top.

Can you specify recipe, what exactly you prep and put in crock pot for how long ?

tf

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 12:03 am
elisheva25 wrote:
Can you specify recipe, what exactly you prep and put in crock pot for how long ?

Sorry, I'm only seeing this now so I'm responding anyway. Please save for next year. I combine my regular potato kigel recipe with no oil or salt.
1 medium onion
7 potatoes
7 eggs
1 cup water/seltzer
Grind onion in food processor bowl, add water and eggs and pour into container. Use the kigel blade for the potatoes and mix by hand in the container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
In crockpot on Yom Tov:
Add 1 Tablespoon salt to kigel mixture and mix by hand.
1 cup water in the crockpot. Use liner insert for yapchuk.
Add 1/3 kigel mixture to liner inside the crockpot. Add half of the meat you want to use. Continue layering kigel, meat and more kigel until the entire mixture is in the crockpot. Use low heat as this will cook overnight.
Again, I'm sorry for the too late response. But please put it away for next year since I might get too busy then as well.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 12:05 am
Just saw this now. Between carpools had great instructions. I froze my yapchik and put it in the crockpot frozen on Thurs night for shabbos day. Worked out beautifully
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics