Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Summer in Manhattan?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:57 pm
It looks like we’ll be in the city this summer, for various reasons. Any ideas of frum activities or day camps for pre1a-grade 3 children? Everything is either “Jewish” in name only, crazy expensive, or both. I said to my husband, this is why people go to the country and do day camps there…

Any suggestions? I’d even travel to Brooklyn. Happy to do Camp Mommy but would like a few opportunities to get out with other frum children in a warm but professionally run program.

Thanks!

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 8:02 pm
There are plenty of daycamps in Brooklyn which are probably cheaper. If you give the ages/genders of your kids and what crowd you are looking for people can give you suggestions.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 8:07 pm
4yo girl, 8yo boy. JPF. Children read secular books but girls in knee socks. Parents university educated with smart phones but no screens for kids. I feel like we never fit anywhere Dont know

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 8:08 pm
Can you bus them?
Some Manhattan kids go to Regesh (Monsey), What are their school friends/your friends doing?

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 8:10 pm
There is Camp Tapienu (not sure of spelling) at Yeshiva Ktana.
People send to NJ much easier than Brooklyn,( traffic wise.)
People like Camp Acheinu for boys, it is in Teaneck and has buses to the city.

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 8:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
4yo girl, 8yo boy. JPF. Children read secular books but girls in knee socks. Parents university educated with smart phones but no screens for kids. I feel like we never fit anywhere Dont know

You can try camp Rena for your girl and ruach for your boy in brooklyn. Sounds like they would fit into these places. Camps are also more diverse than schools you don't need to be exactly one type to fit in.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 8:21 pm
We live in the city and BH are there every summer. Topeinu is great preschool camp in Yeshiva ketana. My rising 3rd grader will be going to camp shalom in NJ (there’s a bus) p

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 9:13 pm
If you're up for Camp Mommy there is SO much to do in the city! Many great parks, lots of museums with free days/times/library passes, fairs and events and if you have a favorite museum you might want to invest in a membership so you can go free all the time. AMNH is opening a whole new wing in addition to having a nice children's area already, and their admission is always just a suggestion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps