Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Selling kugels from home Lakewood area

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 2:20 am
I want to start selling kugels from home as a side business, I would get a hechsher and do deliveries. Do you think I could make money doing this in the Lakewood area or are there already too much of this being done between private people from home and the supermarkets and takeouts that sell? How much would you pay for a 9*13 kugel with delivery?
Thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:22 pm
Bump

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:29 pm
Just fyi, shloime Kaufman sells a 9x13 for around $25 and I believe Menachem sells theirs for $33 so that’s what the local prices are

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:32 pm
Thank you

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:52 pm
If I’m buying for myself I will get from a grocery.

Buying for a kiddush, menachem’s.

What would you offer that I can’t get from either of those places?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 3:09 pm
If you offered small sizes or variety options, with home delivery I would buy from you sometimes.

Amarante

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 3:49 pm
What is your cost to make a kugel including food, packaging and transportation. Then add in the time it takes to make. Will you have marketing costs of some kind? How much is your time worth since theoretically you could be making money in some other way.

What is the selling point of your kugels? Are they better in some way than the ones you can pick up in the market? Do they taste better? Are they fresh made to order? Are the ingredients higher quality in some way?

How do you plan to market? Will you be providing free as a promotion so people can sample?

ETA - There are different kinds of kugels from different ingredients. You could offer different varieties as there are squash; sweet potato; zucchini off the top of my head. I have a recipe for a Mac N Cheese Kugel which I haven't tried yet. There are also all the variations of the noodle kugel which can be sweet or savory. Gluten free noodle kugel?

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:57 pm
Come to Brooklyn! We don’t have people selling homemade that I know of! I hate supermarket Kugel’s as they aren’t usually fresh and are very oily. I would pay 30-40 for a good kugel

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 5:07 pm
Beware that a hechsher is quite expensive & there's only that much you can charge for a kugel. I honestly don't think it will bring in that much money for it to pay to do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers