Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva Aish kodesh virginia

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 1:49 pm
Does anyone know anything about this high school?
What types of boys does it attract? Does it have a dorm? Etc

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 10:00 pm
I do

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 11:02 pm
The rebbeim and Rosh yeshiva are incredible talmidei chachamim and individuals. (and their wives, too) They have insight and warmth. For a boy looking to grow but not in a large 'typical' yeshiva, it can happen here b/c of the attention he can get. Seems to be a lot of turnover of boys, but a steady small amount and the rebbeim are rock solid in their dedication.
The boys can be varied in terms of their commitment and what they are into- varying from the full spectrum although they try to take 'sweet, capable boys who need small place and warmth'. can definitely be stepping stone in good circumstances. Unique in that it's not a Chofetz Chaim yeshiva nor a yeshiva for weaker learners, just different, non-pressurized, not large at all, etc...
Very nice staff, community and kollel- everyone willing to help out, etc.

Matisse

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 11:17 pm
I am reposting this from a few months ago:

We live in Norfolk, Virginia. We have 3 sons - 25, 23 and 15. All of our sons stayed home for yeshiva - our 15 year old is in 10th grade. I am happy to answer any questions about YAK - aka - Yeshivas Aish Kodesh.

Our older sons went on to learn in Lakewood/Israel. The oldest one got a masters in accounting while in Lakewood and is married, working as an accountant and in kollel at night (not in Lakewood). Our 23 year old is still in Lakewood. My point is that our sons received a very solid foundation here in Norfolk:)

Please contact me if you want any information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics