Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey schools
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:29 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
I belong to Belz and send there. Honestly, I would be upset if Belz starts accepting families that don't fit into this kind of school. Its not such a funny thing that a mosdos school will have strict bounds when it comes to fremda ppl not from their crowd. And yes they save their slots for their Chassidus, which I don't think is so absurd.
I think Monsey is missing a lot of Nuetral schools that Brooklyn has.
FYI Lubavitch school will never tell you no

We're talking here about Erliche people with similar values. There are too many without schools. It's scary and sad.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:29 am
amother OP wrote:
I feel like everyone keeps putting garbage on bdy , after all they are the only school who open their hands on all hashems kids disregardless ... it's sickening how the world keeps seeing so much tragedy yet the only explanations the rabanim say to these tragedies is smartphones and tznius... where is vohavta lrechu kemochu? Especially now in sefira, and starting at the rabanim and heads themselves who refuse entry to innocent kids cuz their parents are not the perfect cookie cutter shape?
When Hitler killed 6 million jews he saw us as jews and the that was enough, not as so called labeled nerds or balei batim.

Yup, exactly. Shouldn't sefirah makes us pause here and see our actions for what they truly are? It's misguided yiddishkeit at best.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:30 am
amother Apricot wrote:
We're talking here about Erliche people with similar values. There are too many without schools. It's scary and sad.

Similar is not good enough. It has to be exactly the same. Otherwise their kids may see something different and drop yiddishkeit.

/s

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:30 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
I belong to Belz and send there. Honestly, I would be upset if Belz starts accepting families that don't fit into this kind of school. Its not such a funny thing that a mosdos school will have strict bounds when it comes to fremda ppl not from their crowd. And yes they save their slots for their Chassidus, which I don't think is so absurd.
I think Monsey is missing a lot of Nuetral schools that Brooklyn has.
FYI Lubavitch school will never tell you no

Families that don't belong there as in having TV at home when it's a no no in belz , and not accepting kids cuz the father doesn't wear boots on shabbos, is a big difference. You and your chasidus should reconsider. You would honestly be upset? Are you waiting for God to take care? Shame on this ridiculous mindset....

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:32 am
amother OP wrote:
I feel like everyone keeps putting garbage on bdy , after all they are the only school who open their hands on all hashems kids disregardless ... it's sickening how the world keeps seeing so much tragedy yet the only explanations the rabanim say to these tragedies is smartphones and tznius... where is vohavta lrechu kemochu? Especially now in sefira, and starting at the rabanim and heads themselves who refuse entry to innocent kids cuz their parents are not the perfect cookie cutter shape?
When Hitler killed 6 million jews he saw us as jews and the that was enough, not as so called labeled nerds or balei batim.

This 100 times over. But how do we right this wrong? I feel as if it's beyond us.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:35 am
amother Apricot wrote:
This 100 times over. But how do we right this wrong? I feel as if it's beyond us.

I don't even live in Monsey
I'm just seeing my friends pain
She has nothing against bdy and lubavitch but just feels like she needs more chassidish as in kids not having exposure to technology at home.

mirelcakes

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 1:39 am
amother OP wrote:

As a BDY parent I can't thank you enough for your post. I wish I can like it even more times

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 7:51 am
BDY does accept everyone and that’s exactly why ppl don’t want to send there… If you believe in everyone being accepted send there.

(Side note, if you like a certain body - because they are so picky - you ultimately like the result of their rules…)

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:14 am
Why can’t there be schools for different types im not getting the issue! At this point most don’t accept because there is zero room! Viznitz only accepts their own they have 8-10 classes of a grade they can’t accept fremda. Belz is full with siblings, and they accepted outsiders and were having major issues. YSV will not accept chassidim The decisions are not based on nothing, I think they are all right.

And rabbonim in. I set have been saying for years don’t move here without being accepted to school before.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:20 am
amother Lily wrote:
Why can’t there be schools for different types im not getting the issue! At this point most don’t accept because there is zero room! Viznitz only accepts their own they have 8-10 classes of a grade they can’t accept fremda. Belz is full with siblings, and they accepted outsiders and were having major issues. YSV will not accept chassidim The decisions are not based on nothing, I think they are all right.

And rabbonim in. I set have been saying for years don’t move here without being accepted to school before.

Ysv will not accept litvish either.
I once heard that it's easier to get approved for section 8 than getting into YSV 🙁

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:22 am
amother Lily wrote:

People can find a deal to finally buy a house easier in Monsey than Brooklyn. Schools shouldn't be the reasons to keep them back in the Brooklyn where they rent tiny spots fir expensive money.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
People can find a deal to finally buy a house easier in Monsey than Brooklyn. Schools shouldn't be the reasons to keep them back in the Brooklyn where they rent tiny spots fir expensive money.

But monsey schools are over full maybe they need to move other places schools at this point have around 30 kids per class on average it’s insane!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:26 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
BDY does accept everyone and that’s exactly why ppl don’t want to send there… If you believe in everyone being accepted send there.

(Side note, if you like a certain body - because they are so picky - you ultimately like the result of their rules…)

I get the point that people don't want a school where everyone can go, as some sheltered people don't want their kids access to other less sheltered. Unfortunately, in today's Monsey bdy is the only school who accepts Yiddishe kinder without major vitamin protektzia, or 20k down-payment per child.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:27 am
amother Lily wrote:
But monsey schools are over full maybe they need to move other places schools at this point have around 30 kids per class on average it’s insane!!

This is a problem in many of our larger cities - it's not unique to Monsey. Everyone can't move OOT for various different reasons. If this were limited to Monsey, we can tell people to go elsewhere. But since it's not, we need to do something about it. This problem is only going to get worse, because BH our generations are growing by leaps and bounds.

Why aren't our leaders treating this as the massive crisis that it is?

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:30 am
amother Lily wrote:

I applied to YSV. DH wears a chasiddish levush. My daughter was accepted. No questions asked. We don’t have money , so it’s not like they were looking at that either. I didn’t end up sending there because she was accepted elsewhere and I already signed her up somewhere else . And there were only 18 slots and 75 applicants and we were one of the people that were accepted . I have no idea how they make their selections, but to our shock my daughter was accepted to YSV.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:34 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
This is a problem in many of our larger cities - it's not unique to Monsey. Everyone can't move OOT for various different reasons. If this were limited to Monsey, we can tell people to go elsewhere. But since it's not, we need to do something about it. This problem is only going to get worse, because BH our generations are growing by leaps and bounds.

Why aren't our leaders treating this as the massive crisis that it is?

Maybe cuz smartphones, technology, and lace top wigs is a bigger priority.
Rabanim nowadays do what pays for their pockets, they care about their own prestige and money and sleep calmly knowing little kids won't wake up to a school bus the next day.how Is that possible? Maybe they should start campaign for more birth control as schools won't be able to accommodate all these new neshamos in the future.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:35 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
I applied to YSV. DH wears a chasiddish levush. My daughter was accepted. No questions asked. We don’t have money , so it’s not like they were looking at that either. I didn’t end up sending there because she was accepted elsewhere and I already signed her up somewhere else . And there were only 18 slots and 75 applicants and we were one of the people that were accepted . I have no idea how they make their selections, but to our shock my daughter was accepted to YSV.

Actually really shocking!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:36 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

At this point I'm thinking they purposely accepted you to show everyone you see we even took someone with a shtreimel....

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Maybe cuz smartphones, technology, and lace top wigs is a bigger priority.
Rabanim nowadays do what pays for their pockets, they care about their own prestige and money and sleep calmly knowing little kids won't wake up to a school bus the next day.how Is that possible? Maybe they should start campaign for more birth control as schools won't be able to accommodate all these new neshamos in the future.

Unfortunately, as sad as it is to agree with you, you speak the truth.

If it truly were a high priority for our leaders, then more energy and resources would be directed towards this. But its tech and the wigs that appear to be the primary focus.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:40 am
amother Lily wrote:

This reminds me of kamtza and bar kamtza. Sorry my event is full to capacity, leave premises now...
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating