Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Online highschool?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 11:28 pm
DD is not loving the one highschool option in our area. Are there online Jewish options out there? We can't move for a variety of reasons and I'm not sending her away. I am pretty sure it's too late to enroll her in one of the K-12 public online high school options for the coming school year. Which leaves the only other option for her is actual brick and mortar public HS. That is not a viable option.

ddmom

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 11:42 pm
Melamed academy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 11:47 pm
ddmom wrote:
Melamed academy.

I tried to contact them a few years back and they were not timely at all. I finally got a reply and talked to someone but it did not leave a good impression. Are they better now?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:14 am
it's not too late for many of the public online high schools. Especially if you enroll VIA your district's online offering if it has one. We're likely pulling our son at the end of this school year and doing our district's contracted online option for 11th and 12th grade. But we don't have to fully decide yet. Look into deadlines for the ones you like. But yeah, no limudei kodesh with those. Keep us posted if you find a GOOD online program WITH limudei kodesh. I know Orthodox Jews who've done Ohio Virtual Academy, Ohio Connections Academy, Agora in Pennsylvania...... I don't know what state you're in but there's options like that all over. We've never sent our kids (both have special needs) to Jewish schools--- there's always private tutoring, and Abba learning 1:1, etc.

TheNeutralOne

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 4:52 am
Jewish online school. Nigri.

ddmom

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
I tried to contact them a few years back and they were not timely at all. I finally got a reply and talked to someone but it did not leave a good impression. Are they better now?

I dk. We just applied for my dd. She had a phone app and they said it takes a few days to be set up. She should be starting next week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling