Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bed time troubles

MMEC123

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:26 pm
DS is 1 1/2. At 6 months we did a modified cry it out and within 2 weeks DS was going to sleep like a dream- I put him in his crib, he curled up into a ball and went to sleep and slept through the night. He did this consistently until about a month ago. Now he cries and kvetches for anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes or more after I put him down. He also has been waking up in the middle of the night a lot. I don't think he's teething, he's not sick. HELP! I don't know what to do with him.

costanza

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:31 pm
I would say that you have to be consistent and let him cry it out to get to sleep. I would go in to him every 5 or 10 minutes, rub his back quickly to let him know you're there, say goodnight and walk out.

If he wakes up in the night I would do the same thing. Although, if he seems awake, but out of it, it could be night terrors. My daughter had this and the paediatrician said it has to do with the kids changing levels of sleep. If he wakes up at the same time each night after he has fallen asleep, just before he wakes up go in to him and rouse him a little - not enough to wake him - but enough to get him to roll over or move a bit and it should stop.

Be consistent. I was a sleep nazi with my kids and I have had full nights of sleep for years.

gold21

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:44 pm
My 2 year old is going thru something very similar now. He has a very hard time falling asleep at night (fusses and tosses and turns and whines for over an hour!), and wakes up during the night as well.
I think that maybe he needs less sleep than he used to need. I am trying to cut down on nap-time and see if this helps him sleep better at night.
Good luck!

MMEC123

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:52 pm
He stopped his second nap a while ago already. I tried keeping him up later but he wakes up earlier and is cranky during the day!

gold21

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 9:02 pm
Hmm
What about cutting down a bit from his first nap, and still putting him to sleep at a decent hour, like 7'oclock?

What do u think, that it is a sleep training issue or an overtired/ not tired enough type of thing?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics