Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Salted + Malted Brownies

Amarante

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 12:38 pm
The malted milk powder was a great addition as it tasted like a chocolate malted Very Happy

Salted + Malted Brownies

These are the brownies of my dreams: chewy and deeply chocolatey with a hint of malt and spark of salt. The shiny tops remind me of boxed brands (they come together almost as quickly), but the flavor is better than most. Eat them right out of hand or create a brownie sundae with your favorite ice cream. If you can’t find malted milk powder, just replace it with ¼ cup additional light brown sugar.

Excerpt From: Tammy Donroe Inman - New England Desserts

MAKES 9 LARGE OR 16 SMALL BROWNIES (THE RECIPE CAN BE DOUBLED FOR A 9 × 13-INCH PAN)

4 tablespoons unsalted butter - I used Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Unsalted Vegan Butter
½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1¼ cups confectioner’s sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup hot water (not boiling)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process)
⅓ cup malted milk powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 × 8-inch pan or line with parchment paper.

Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Add the brown sugar and heat 1 minute until hot. (Or you can melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the sugar, cook 1 minute, then remove from the heat.)

Add the chocolate chips and let sit 1 minute to soften. Stir well until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Let it cool a bit.

Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Add the confectioner’s sugar, oil, water, and vanilla. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Then add the flour, cocoa powder, malted milk powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix just until combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, nudging it into the corners until even.

Bake 32–38 minutes until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely. They will become chewier as they sit. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins