Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Rhode Island

HappyFamily

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 3:19 am
I Would like to go to Rhode Island with my dh and kids.

I would like to know the following:

1. Where I can buy/eat kosher food
2. Hotels
3. Sightseeing

HappyFamily

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 6:17 pm
still waiting....

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 6:25 pm
Ok. So we went to RI about 2 years ago. Where are you coming from? We live in Queens, drove through LI and took the ferry up to Connecticut which was great. We stayed at a kosher B&B for shabbos which you have to bring your own food for, but they heat up for you under a rabbi's supervision. It's like family style eating, but everyone eats with their own food. The breakfast (not on shabbos) is kosher - pancakes, eggs, muffins, that kind of thing and is yummy. But, while I felt it was nice to get hot kosher food for breakfast, it was rather expensive for the accomodations. I think it was called the Admiral Inn or something like that. You can google it.

You can walk along the water it's called the cliffside walk and walk in downtown newport. There are little shops with touristy stuff. Ben and Jerry's if you're not CY. Also, people are really into going on the mansion tours, we didn't do it because we didn't really have the time. We davened at the newport shul. Nice davening. I think it was one of the first shuls, you should go for their tour. There's also outlets on the way out of Newport for shopping and a really neat bookstore.

Ask away. I'll try to remember more.

HappyFamily

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 12:04 am
Thanks for the information. It was really helpful. We did as you wrote and we had a wonderful time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics