Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Jewish Matchmaking (Netflix)
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 1:20 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I hate to be a Debbie downer but.. while the matchmaker was great but the show itself was boring and the ending was …. Well I won’t spoil it.

They have a 2.5 star rating on Google and its really no wonder.

Where are you getting that rating from? When I check on Google it says 77% like the show

SuperWify

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 1:35 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Where are you getting that rating from? When I check on Google it says 77% like the show

When I google.

Ratings
5.5/10
IMDb

Jewish Matchmaking scored 5.5 out of 10 on IMDb.
2.5/5
Leisurebyte

Amarante

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 2:18 pm
What difference does the rating make.

If you have Netflix you can watch and if you don’t like it, you have wasted 15 minutes and spent no money 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:46 am
I watched a few episodes, I like Aleeza and think she is a great representative of a frum person. She has all the right qualifications and is so non judgmental, which makes the non frum and flexidox people really like and trust her.

Very curious how a guy like Shaya would agree to date and be filmed on a date and a talk with his Rav. Fay chose to be n the show.

Some of the people are really full of themselves though!

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:53 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
I watched a few episodes, I like Aleeza and think she is a great representative of a frum person. She has all the right qualifications and is so non judgmental, which makes the non frum and flexidox people really like and trust her.

Very curious how a guy like Shaya would agree to date and be filmed on a date and a talk with his Rav. Fay chose to be n the show.

Seems like they both chose to be on the show.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:57 am
amother Nemesia wrote:

He chose to be on the show

Given that his issue was that he wasn't as committed to religious observance as Fay, it doesn't seem odd. He seemed like a nice guy but he also seemed like he would enjoy the experience and exposure.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:59 am
My critique is that there really isn't closure or follow up like in Indian Matchmaking. Unless they plan on doing that in season 2.

cnc

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:09 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:
My critique is that there really isn't closure or follow up like in Indian Matchmaking. Unless they plan on doing that in season 2.

In case you're wondering, Shaya is actually engaged.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:09 am
Friends,

I'd like to share with you that the rest of the world ADORES this show. They are responding in droves to Aleeza's incredible energy and warmth, and my anecodotal take is that the (huge) secular Jewish audience is agog that these young Jews REALLY want to marry other Jews! These folks, however superficial and entitled they may appear, are truly proud to be Jewish and love Israel. It's changing the narrative.
Brava to the whole team.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics