Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
S/o of converting an oven

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:38 am
I grew up with one oven, have one oven now and have always used it for both chalavi and basari. We cover everything and if we dont, we put oven on highest temp for x amount of time and then can use it.
For those who dont do that, do you never bake things that are either chalavi or basari, depending on what you use it for?

Reality

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:47 am
I have a toaster oven that fits a 9×13 pan for dairy. I grew up with one oven that was fleishigs that we would kasher for pesach and occasionally for pareve. We never kashered it for dairy. We had a dairy convection oven. My grandparents had one oven that was fleishigs, that's it. Same with my great-grandparents.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:58 am
My parents and grandparents have a dairy convection oven on the counter. I do as well, but will on rare occasions kasher my oven between meat and dairy. I use the dairy oven so frequently that it wouldn't be practical not to have it- both for cooking from scratch and for rewarming food. Most foods would not work as well if covered. So it's definitely more convenient than converting my oven or covering the food.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:12 am
We have 1 oven & a toaster oven for dairy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen