Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Who would you use for a house inspection, and why?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 1:13 pm
Which of the house inspectors (in this area of Jersey) is the most thorough and honest?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 2:20 pm
We used best nest for home in plp Manchester. Amazing.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:20 pm
Any other recommendations?

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:32 pm
Absolutely thrilled with Wolf Inspections. Very thorough, extremely knowledgeable, and a big mentch!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:34 pm
The Home Inspection Guy - 732-366-1172

amother
Milk

I recommend MB inspection. Very thorough, honest and straightforward

amother
Zinnia

amother Blue wrote:
We used best nest for home in plp Manchester. Amazing.

We were also extremely happy with him. He found a ton of issues with a house so we backed out, and he was really a mentch about the price for the inspection for the next house we found.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:45 pm
I got 2 names.

Yaakov Fisgus (his name is not mentioned on this site at all) and Joe Serino.

I thought they were the most well known.

How do they compare to the above inspectors?

If anyone is familiar, can you tell me what pros and cons are of different inspectors?

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 9:44 pm
I remember that Joe Serino was recommended to me when I bought my house, but he did not have availability. I used some Mr. Pollack from Baltimore (he comes in every so often). He was recommended to me by my lawyer. He did a great job, uncovered something that my lawyer handled to that the seller went down on the price.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 9:54 pm
Is anyone familiar with the thoroughness of Yaakov Fisgus and Joe Serino, relative to the others?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:01 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I remember that Joe Serino was recommended to me when I bought my house, but he did not have availability. I used some Mr. Pollack from Baltimore (he comes in every so often). He was recommended to me by my lawyer. He did a great job, uncovered something that my lawyer handled to that the seller went down on the price.

If you were buying a house now, who would you use?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:32 pm
Smart choice home inspections 732-567-8248
I know you are looking for pros and cons and thoroughness etc. Most homebuyers use one inspector so can't compare. Realtors and lawyers work with multiple inspectors and can compare.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:34 pm
I just got a house in plp and used serino this week and he was great!

GrowingUp

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:48 pm
My husband is in the construction field. He recommends Yaakov Fisgus. He is extremely thorough

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 11:27 pm
Supreme Inspectors/ Ari Friedman
We were very happy with him, he found some small issues for us that got us a reduction in price.
I used him in Linden but he's based in Lakewood.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 8:41 am
I used Joe Serino twice for my first and second home (15 years apart). Well actually 3x but we backed out of a home due to issues that came up on the inspection. We felt very comfortable with him and he was available to answer any questions we had.

Ironically, our buyer used Fisgus so I read his report as well. It was very very thorough. My husband was actually annoyed that it was so thorough and we ultimately did not agree to most things that the buyer asked because they were things that weren’t perfect but considered within normal range for a 30 year old house.

I guess in all instances you have to be able to weed out what is serious and what is not. What is reasonable to ask for and what is not

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 8:54 am
amother OP wrote:
If you were buying a house now, who would you use?

I was happy with Mr Pollack so I would use him again. And though he was recommended to me, I ended up not having experience with Joe Serrino.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 12:26 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
I used Joe Serino twice for my first and second home (15 years apart). Well actually 3x but we backed out of a home due to issues that came up on the inspection. We felt very comfortable with him and he was available to answer any questions we had.

Ironically, our buyer used Fisgus so I read his report as well. It was very very thorough. My husband was actually annoyed that it was so thorough and we ultimately did not agree to most things that the buyer asked because they were things that weren’t perfect but considered within normal range for a 30 year old house.

I guess in all instances you have to be able to weed out what is serious and what is not. What is reasonable to ask for and what is not

Sounds to me that Fisgus is even more thorough than Serino?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:41 pm
GrowingUp wrote:
My husband is in the construction field. He recommends Yaakov Fisgus. He is extremely thorough

Does it make sense that he hasnt called back for 2 days, after me leaving 2 messages?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 2:47 pm
I had a bad experience with Joe Serino. He missed something really major. I think you can find someone better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries