Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Ticks

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:43 am
I removed a tick from my child. Where can I have it tested? My pediatrician says they don’t test and just watch for symptoms but I don’t feel comfortable with that.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:45 am
Tickreport.com

You can also treat prophylactically with herbs and/or homeopathy if you are so inclined.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:47 am
amother Blonde wrote:
Tickreport.com

You can also treat prophylactically with herbs and/or homeopathy if you are so inclined.

Thank you.
I see there are three testing options. Which one do I need?

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:49 am
If you live in Monsey, your PCP is supposed to do a blood test for Lyme with every well visit.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you.
I see there are three testing options. Which one do I need?
What are the options?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:53 am
amother Blonde wrote:
What are the options?

Standard dna test
DNA and rna test
Comprehensive test

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Standard dna test
DNA and rna test
Comprehensive test
I would probably choose standard. I’m not so familiar. Could be it depends on what type of tick it is.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:41 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
If you live in Monsey, your PCP is supposed to do a blood test for Lyme with every well visit.

Definitely not true.

Generally the recommended practice is not to test every tick for Lyme.
If it's been on your child less than 36-48 hours it's extremely unlikely to have transmitted Lyme.. generally you watch and wait.

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/trans.....ease.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:21 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Definitely not true.

If it's been on your child less than 36-48 hours it's extremely unlikely to have transmitted Lyme.. generally you watch and wait.

A blood test on the CHILD, not on the tick. Yearly. Definitely true, my PCP does this. They caught a case of Lyme this way in one of my DCs early and treated it.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:28 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
A blood test on the CHILD, not on the tick. Yearly. Definitely true, my PCP does this. They caught a case of Lyme this way in one of my DCs early and treated it.

It's fine that your PCP does it at every well visit but no they're not "supposed" to do it yearly. Many don't. Yours does. That's fine, but not general practice.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:30 pm
amother Copper wrote:
It's fine that your PCP does it at every well visit but no they're not "supposed" to do it yearly. Many don't. Yours does. That's fine, but not general practice.

Do you live in Monsey?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:38 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Definitely not true.

Cdc criteria and guidelines display a blatant, dire lack of understanding of tick borne illnesses, how they present, how they are transmitted, how they need to be treated. They are outdated and archaic. Anyone who truly cares about their health would do better to find their information elsewhere, like on the ilads website, or from experienced Lyme practitioners.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:52 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
Do you live in Monsey?

I do and my PCP does not test for Lyme yearly. Nor do the pediatricians I've worked with in the area.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:55 pm
amother Copper wrote:
I do and my PCP does not test for Lyme yearly. Nor do the pediatricians I've worked with in the area.

That seems rather shortsighted to me. Are you sure they're up on the latest research? I guess I should be thankful for my practice's policies.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:53 pm
Has anyone used tickreport.com? I want to make sure they’re reputable.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:58 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
Tickreport.com

Any idea which herbs? Which homeopathic product? This information would be very helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries