Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Wales

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:25 am
Anyone been to wales for the summer and know of a place to recommend?
Want something modern and reasonably priced

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:07 pm
Your best bet is to look on different self catering accommodation websites, such as cottages.com or airbnb etc.
If you don't care as much about which area you want, you can get cheaper. If you want to be in the national park areas, such as near snowdon, or north wales, or the brecon beacons, then you will pay more.
It also depends on what you want to do. If you want to spend your days visiting the beaches, you need to be near the sea, if you want to climb mountains, you need to be near the mountains.
And it also depends on how far you're willing to travel. There aren't as many big roads through wales, so it can take longer getting to places because of that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:30 pm
I’ve never been so I don’t really know. I want to be near the beach

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:36 pm
We once stayed in Llandudno, in an apartment facing the beach. It was beautiful! Many yidden go there each summer, mostly from Manchester. You will definitely have a minyan somewhere and some years there is a shop as well with bread and milk etc but there wasn`t the year I went. It is a popular location though, so it tends to get booked up fast and is not the cheapest. Check airbnb.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:57 pm
Are the beaches very full or u can find a quiet spot?

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:03 pm
The one thing about Wales is the weather is quite unpredictable, not like the south coast like Bournemouth where the weather is likely to be warmer.

Hatzlocho whatever you do.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:14 pm
Where do you stay in Bournemouth?

Busybee5

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:18 pm
We're in Wales now on a mini break! Blissful and beautiful here.
You need to look on air bnb for something with your requirements. Wales is a huge place! Snowdonia area is stunning, and has more good outings. We've had great times in south and mid wales too though. We've been for years and years, for most summers since I was little.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:19 pm
Wales is mostly coastline, so there's plenty of beach space. Not all the beaches are as nice as each other, but most are likely to be busy. As someone suggested llandudno is very popular and will likely have a minyan. It will also be busy, but then most places will be. The advantage of llandudno or similar, is that you can walk to the beach.
South wales is more likely to have better weather than north, but there's no guarantee. You may have rain the entire time during your holiday. And there aren't that many indoor places around. But that's part of the holidaying in uk equation.
Your best bet is to look online at the self catering cottage places and get a feel of prices, and you can ask here about specific locations of cottages you see. Wales is quite vague. If you say I found a nice place in deganwy or snowden, which is better, I would say deganwy is by the sea, whilst snowden is the mountains.
Remember most holiday cottages are usually not that modern, and you would expect to pay more for a nicer place. Or at least that's been my experience. More modern homes are often in cities, rather than the outlying villages or middle of nowhere, so you can compromise on location, price or condition, but not all 3.

Busybee5

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:20 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
The one thing about Wales is the weather is quite unpredictable, not like the south coast like Bournemouth where the weather is likely to be warmer.

Hatzlocho whatever you do.

It's similar ish, its all still English weather but you can't compare the views! Worth it in my opinion, but we also had a fab time in Dorset (went to Bournemouth for a day trip) and also bought kosher ice creams when there so that was really exciting.

Busybee5

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:22 pm
Barmouth beach is beautiful of you stay in that area.
And reasonably priced doesn't really exist anymore, but you can get lucky. We usually book a months in advance, like February time because more available for the price we're happy with.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:42 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
We're in Wales now on a mini break! Blissful and beautiful here.
You need to look on air bnb for something with your requirements. Wales is a huge place! Snowdonia area is stunning, and has more good outings. We've had great times in south and mid wales too though. We've been for years and years, for most summers since I was little.

Do you have the link to share where u staying at now?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are the beaches very full or u can find a quiet spot?

closer to the pier is full of people as the sand and attractions are there. But if you walk a few minutes further down to the stony part of the beach, you can have the whole section to yourself (with people walking past all the time). Llandudno also has a great town centre and lots of shops!

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:31 pm
Can you hike in these places? Any scenic places that you enjoyed visiting?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries