Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do you make the most use of Memorial day?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

devorah1231

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:10 pm
Making cookies, paying my bills, working on some pic collages of my kids... Pity just baked challah or I would do that

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:13 pm
Hopefully feeling well enough to function and take care of some bills, paperwork, etc.!

Hopefully going to have a visit with a good friend who’s in town. Smile

Maybe going to a different friend’s BBQ in the late afternoon if my nausea eases up.

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:15 pm
I really want to go strawberry picking. I hope we can

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:19 pm
Just lost someone close to me so hopefully will be around family

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:23 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
Just lost someone close to me so hopefully will be around family

I hugged your post genuinely. I’m so sorry for your painful loss. Hug Hug

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:39 pm
I usually go swimming at the beach and the season just started but mikvah night is tomorrow and I don't want to have to worry about sand so not going. Usually make a bbq but not doing that since I have leftovers from Yom Tov....

Going to chill instead and find something else to do. Maybe clean my house organize a bit. Today I went for a walk in the local park and enjoyed that maybe I'll do the same tomorrow...

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:14 am
Carpool and more carpool.

Will probably bake and probably be bored most of the day. I don't want to spend the day cleaning/doing errands. Dh doesn't have off

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:36 am
amother Yellow wrote:
By remembering the fallen soldiers, of course.

LOL

Im wondering why you think this is funny.
Why is memorial day in america not seen as it should be, a day to remember the fallen and what they have done for the USA.

Ainslie

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:44 am
Stay up all night on Imamother

juggling

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:47 am
amother Daisy wrote:
Im wondering why you think this is funny.
Why is memorial day in america not seen as it should be, a day to remember the fallen and what they have done for the USA.

Honestly, because America isn't proud of its military. Most of the US military actions in recent years have been somewhat controversial. America isn't fighting its own battles against its own enemies to protect its own citizens. The average citizen isn't aware of the army and doesn't take pride in it.

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 6:49 am
A mother at our school lost her brother in the US armed services. Before his death, she organized chesed events where the kids made up backpacks for the soldiers like they did for the IDF. After his death, she always spoke to the children before Memorial Day and explained that the day was very difficult for her and not about barbecues and picnics. She talked about what it was like for him to be Jewish and a US soldier. I think it opened some eyes.

moonstone

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 6:53 am
amother Yellow wrote:
By remembering the fallen soldiers, of course.

LOL

Is this supposed to be funny? Maybe you could explain it to those of us who don't get the joke.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:12 am
don't want to do any baking,housekeeping or appointments. those will happen regardless if I take off or not. I like to use my few precious days off for some self care, plan to go clothing shopping a little for myself, take a hike in a park, buy a yummy lunch and eat it home in the quiet and if I have time maybe take a short nap

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:14 am
Everyone in my house is off so we split our Sunday chores into 2 days, added an extra errand for today and are just enjoying an extra long weekend

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:44 am
amother OP wrote:
Please share...

By doing whatever I want at the spur of the moment. This is truly a day off for me to recharge. Kids are in school, I don't need to cook or clean or prep for this day in any way. So I will enjoy my breakfast, instead of grabbing it on the go. I may go shopping for some fun stuff for myself. I may drive to a beautiful park and breathe the fresh air. I may call some friends to see if any are available to catch up with. I will buy a delicious lunch and eat it in peace.

That's the beauty of this day off. I need to do absolutely nothing, and I get to do what I truly want.

exaustedmom

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:52 am
amother Cherry wrote:
By doing whatever I want at the spur of the moment. This is truly a day off for me to recharge. Kids are in school, I don't need to cook or clean or prep for this day in any way. So I will enjoy my breakfast, instead of grabbing it on the go. I may go shopping for some fun stuff for myself. I may drive to a beautiful park and breathe the fresh air. I may call some friends to see if any are available to catch up with. I will buy a delicious lunch and eat it in peace.

That's the beauty of this day off. I need to do absolutely nothing, and I get to do what I truly want.

Your day sounds amazing! I hope its all this and more for you today.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:04 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Your day sounds amazing! I hope its all this and more for you today.

Thank you. I can really really use this day from a mental perspective.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:11 am
Well I'm starting off by doing carpool. Lol I have a family wedding tonight, so I'm picking up all my children early from school and getting them dressed to go to very early wedding. I still need to fix my dress so I'm going to go home and will do that. Otherwise, I might go shopping or chill or do something else if I have the time. My husband went to work.

New2Lakewood

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:17 am
amother Aqua wrote:
My kids are actually off from school tomorrow so for me it's a day on, not off.

There's a frum lady who does free art classes on Zoom on legal holidays and fast days when the kids are home. My kids look forward to that.

can you share details please? if uncomfortable posting you can pm me - thank you!

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:25 am
New2Lakewood wrote:
can you share details please? if uncomfortable posting you can pm me - thank you!

She's an artist is who teaches all sorts of art classes over zoom. She also gives free classes every few months, including this afternoon. Today's class, according to the flyer is geared for ages 9 and up. She's teaching how to draw a character, looks like Laibel from Yossi and Laibel. The class is on Zoom at 4:00 Eastern. Meeting ID: 655-417-0151 password art613. There are only 100 slots for the Zoom.

You can also email MrsNeuhausArt@gmail.com to request a copy of the recording or for more information about her classes.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics