Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Leftover salmon here- recipes, please?

dillie

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 3:51 pm
I think my kids would eat it if I turned it into salmon croquettes- any recipes? Or a recipe for tuna latkes that I could modify? Thanks!

Lani22

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 3:53 pm
I add an egg, a sauteed onion, garlic powder or minced garlic, some soy sauce, salt and pepper and matza meal to bind it together. Form into patties and then roll in bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

cookielady

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 3:53 pm
Depending on how much salmon you have, mix it with eggs, breadcrumbs or matza meal, salr, pepper, garlic minced onions. If they would eat it, I might try adding chopped spinach. Mix well. Form into patties. You could bread the outside again with bread crumbs, but I would just bake or fry until golden brown.

If you have leftover mashed potatoes they would mix in well with the salmon also.

dillie

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 3:55 pm
can you give me proportions? like, I have 4 small fillets- 4 eggs? or is that too much? how much breadcrumbs? do you think the flavored breadcrumbs will be overwhelming?
(thanks!!)

cookielady

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 3:57 pm
Ok. let me try
for 4 fillets. I would guess 3-4 eggs. Flavored bread crumbs would be fine, just use less spices. Im guessing about 3/4 cup bread crumbs, if its still too loose add some more bread crumbs. I hope that helps. It should be thick mostly fish not mostly bread crumbs.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 4:14 pm
I know you asked for croquettes, but another idea for leftover salmon that is super easy is to flake it into a pasta dish. My mother used to make this all the time with leftover fish. She'd saute some onions and veggies in a little olive oil and toss with fettucine and flake in the salmon. But any pasta will work. Super easy.

Cdlf

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 6:47 pm
Or just mix it with mayo, lemon, onions, salt and pepper for a delicious spread or to serve a scoop next to a salad!

queen

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 7:49 pm
Check out the Bride that new nothing cookbook.... recently published. Don't know exact name bec. I don't own it, however I know they have a recipe in there for a salmon salad that looked really good.

Under the title of the book it says something along the lines- ....to get you out of the kitchen.
artscroll or some other mainstream publisher published it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics