Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do I say anything or keep quiet?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:01 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
sounds like there are no controls in the system.

If you are fine tuning the CRM - suggest to you boss there needs to be audits.

You just reminded me that one of the controls we just added was that you need to choose a reason when closing a ticket, I will check what reason he has been choosing.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
You just reminded me that one of the controls we just added was that you need to choose a reason when closing a ticket, I will check what reason he has been choosing.

Someone still needs to be checking-in.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
For the sake of this thread, let's assume he's definitely not responding to any of them in any medium.

How do I react if that's the case?

If you're redesigning/updating the CRM, seek to understand, from your boss the desired functionality of the new system. Are there certain types of questions where the system doesn't need to respond? or log the response?

some folks do this, some folks do that--->what do I need to know in order to do this redesign correctly?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:07 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
If you're redesigning/updating the CRM, seek to understand, from your boss the desired functionality of the new system. Are there certain types of questions where the system doesn't need to respond? or log the response?

some folks do this, some folks do that--->what do I need to know in order to do this redesign correctly?

We already decided on the flow.

My job now is just to be in touch with the actual programmer who is doing the work and make sure that the updates are working correctly after being implemented.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:08 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
Someone still needs to be checking-in.

Of course.

Was just saying that it could shed light.

And just to know - he chose 'Other' and didn't write a reason. When choosing other one is supposed to add a reason but he didn't do that.

It will be getting monitored better soon I believe, once all the udpates are complete. But, meanwhile the company is losing sales while he does this.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:08 pm
This might be a shaila for a rav. On one hand you have responsibility to your boss but you have to be careful about telling on him. (If he's not Jewish might be a diff story, not sure).

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Of course.

And just to know - he chose 'Other' and didn't write a reason. When choosing other one is supposed to add a reason but he didn't do that.

It will be getting monitored better soon I believe, once all the udpates are complete. But, meanwhile the company is losing sales while he does this.

Are you dealing with existing customers or inquires from a website?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:13 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
Are you dealing with existing customers or inquires from a website?

It's both - all incoming inquiries are forwarded into this system. Both from website and external.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:22 pm
Might this be a question for a Rav?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 3:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm not his supervisor in any form.

But, I've been helping to fine-tune our CRM system over recent weeks and make it work better so I'm kind of the only one who sees what's going on there.

That's why I feel maybe I have a responsibility to say something.

If you are assisting in fine tuning the crm system, explain to your boss that you see tickets closed without a comment, and maybe add to the SOP that if they were resolved using a different avenue, the sop should be putting a comment.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 4:00 pm
I have similar situations come up at work. I don't like to tell my coworkers, because I don't want to give them the feeling that I'm supervising, sort of. I do tell my boss, but make sure my coworker doesn't know it's coming from me.
I think if it affects sales, and if you're loyal to your job, then say.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 4:04 pm
Can you reopen a ticket and send some sort of messages like "just checking if you were happy with the service you received" that way you'll know if they were addressed

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 4:14 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Might this be a question for a Rav?

I'm not asking here from a halachic angle, that's a separate question for my Rav.

Here, I'm asking more from a company culture, team player side of things. Like is it the right thing to do in general. Will my boss appreciate it or does it make me look like a tattle tale.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 4:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm not asking here from a halachic angle, that's a separate question for my Rav.

Here, I'm asking more from a company culture, team player side of things. Like is it the right thing to do in general. Will my boss appreciate it or does it make me look like a tattle tale.

I think you can tell him that in the course of setting up the crm you noticed that this person seems to be closing things without any work involved.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:01 pm
It is very easy to force a text reason when other is selected. In general having other in a picklist is a bad option. Bring this up with your manager.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Of course.

In this case, since your fine-tuning with the boss, mention that you see tickets being closed under Other, without notes being added. Ask him if there's a way to set the control tighter, so that one is forced to put in let's say 6 words of explanation before being able to close the ticket, or adding more specific options instead of such a broad option as Other.
Let him find the Other tickets himself. You don't have to mention the colleague's name.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:16 pm
Does your CRM system let you do any reporting?
Can you generate a report of how many tickets each person is closing in a duration of time share the report with a manager as an FYI.

Ask the peg roamed not to allow empty fields if you chose other as a reason. Also program that you can close a case within a certain time fram of another closed case

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:42 pm
ok, so I had a similar situation a bunch of yrs ago, where a (nonjewish) coworker was deleting voicemails and emails without taking care of them in order to keep up with heavy workflow. customers kept calling that noone got back to them after they reached out and this issue started soon after she was hired. in our scenerio there was no way the boss would ever find out unless we snitched. it was me together with a jewish coworker who saw this issue, and decided out of good work ethic and devotion to our company that has employed us for many yrs, we will double/triple check that this is going on (we had a way we could prove it 100%) and then we went to the boss. she was promptly fired. (we presented the proof). obviously in your situation where its a someone jewish, and the result of you snitching can result in him losing his job, I believe you should ask daas torah, esp since you are 100% sure he is doing it.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:49 pm
I have a similar same situation. My coworker at work doesn't respond to her clients many times. I only know about the ones that reach out to me, threatening to leave.

Sometimes she will Cc me in emails and ask me to respond to then.

I have spoken to my manager and nothing changed. It's very annoying.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:25 pm
Is there an uptick in spam?
Perhaps he's noticing all those tickets coming from one customer?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics