Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller good for Newborn but more lightweight

israel22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 6:25 am
hiya looking to buy a stroller good for a newborn but more on the lightweight side but stable any suggestions?

karen berzon

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 6:56 am
The Silver Cross that you posted from Shnoop - says that it's for a newborn, and is lightweight

israel22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 7:12 am
most of the reviews say that its not good for newborns only starting from 3 monthes

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 11:56 am
I like the Zooper Waltz. 16 lbs, reclines fully, car seat compatible (so can be used for newborn with or without car seat), nice basket.

israel22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:04 pm
but is it expensive? never heard of it before and dont' know anyone who owns it?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:16 pm
I own it Wink
I got mine for $149, but they've updated it and changed the basket so more accessible, added snack tray, made it roomier. It's going for under $300 right now, which is expensive in my book, but it will last, and it's still cheaper than most of the other strollers I see people have (like the Inglesina Zippy which doesn't recline fully).
Gracos and Combis are cheaper but won't last as long because they are plastic.

Another idea is the Baby Jogger City Mini which is around $220 online. http://www.babyearth.com/baby-......html

israel22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:18 pm
will have to check them out this is a company inever heard of I checked out their site they look nice their strollers they even had a lighter weight one but was still good for anewborn thanks!

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 4:32 pm
I have one of the older models of the Zooper and I Was very not thrilled. It did not hold up as well as my Peg and the basket was impossible. I have heard that they have fixed the basket, but I wouldn't buy another one. It also is not really lighter than most other newborn strollers unless you are comparing it to one of the big joggers, maybe.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 4:38 pm
HooRYou wrote:
I have one of the older models of the Zooper and I Was very not thrilled. It did not hold up as well as my Peg and the basket was impossible. I have heard that they have fixed the basket, but I wouldn't buy another one. It also is not really lighter than most other newborn strollers unless you are comparing it to one of the big joggers, maybe.

How old? Things could have changed by now....mine is holding up beautifully. (An 05 model)
16 lbs. is considered pretty lightweight for a full featured stroller. Even the Maclaren XLR which is $350 and very popular now is over 16 lbs.
The reason I like the Zoopers are because they have the features of others, but are cheaper because they aren't imported from Europe.
(Also, not all the models are the same -- it's like lumping all Maclarens or Gracos together.)

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:09 pm
I'm pretty sure I have the Waltz. I got it in 05, but it could maybe have been an older model

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 7:40 pm
I love the peg perego pliko 3 for newborns.

Maya

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 7:44 pm
The Maclaren Quest is 11 lbs, and reclines almost fully. The price is about $175. Check out if it's recommended for newborns.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 9:23 pm
Maya wrote:
The Maclaren Quest is 11 lbs, and reclines almost fully. The price is about $175. Check out if it's recommended for newborns.

I love my maclaren quest, it is so lightweight, folds and opens with one hand which is the BEST since I am always holding my baby in the other hand! BUT it definitely does not lie down flat. The most it lies down it is still a pretty steep incline for a newborn (it was great for my son though since he has such a bad case of reflux and could never lie flat). Hatzlacha!

ltlesmartmom

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 2:49 pm
what do u say to the b. bee

Helani

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 4:31 pm
My graco metrolite lasted me through three kids so far, and still going strong (and I walk a lot with it). It's lightweight, reclines fully, and has a good size basket. Also pushes well.

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 4:34 pm
I liked the metrolite also- got it with the travel system. loved that I could put the baby facing me in the car seat, in the stroller.

simba

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 9:39 pm
The Bugaboo bee is great. Very lightweight, easy and small fold,lies flat, rear and front facing options, great sunshade, lots of color options, smooth ride.

other good options are the, city mini by baby jogger or a McLaren XLR

busylady

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 10:26 pm
how much do you want to spend??

pinkbubbles

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 4:03 am
The Valco Buggster

http://www.babystrollershop.co.....r.htm
I'm just giving you the link for reference, I am sure you can find it for a lot cheaper!!

You have to buy the bassinet attachment seperately, but it is one of the lightest strollers I have tried.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics