Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Guardian for intact male dog

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 7:55 am
Hi
Has anyone been a guardian for a dog breeder? There’s a breeder near me that’s looking for a guardian for a male dog that’s about two years old. Advantage for me would be getting a dog that’s not a puppy and completely trained. Obvious downside is that I wouldn’t be able to neuter him. Has anyone done this or can tell me the disadvantages to having a male dog that’s intact.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 10:31 am
Dogs that have not been neutered tend to be more aggressive in general, which is one of the reasons people have them neutered. And they will be even more aggressive if they scent a female in heat. Even if neutered they will try to mount a female in heat, but if intact they will do everything in their power to do so. I don't recommend housing such a dog.

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 11:16 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Dogs that have not been neutered tend to be more aggressive in general, which is one of the reasons people have them neutered. And they will be even more aggressive if they scent a female in heat. Even if neutered they will try to mount a female in heat, but if intact they will do everything in their power to do so. I don't recommend housing such a dog.

This times 1000.

Strongly recommend not taking in an intact male.

Also, is this breeder licensed? If not, please don’t support or help backyard breeders or puppy mills.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets