Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
InSTEP double stroller

msym

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 1:49 pm
Has anyone purchased the InSTEP Safari Double Jogging Stroller - I am intrested in it but I cannot find so many reviews online
if you do have it waht would you say its pros and cons are and would you reccomend it?
I would theoretically be using it beezras h-shem for a newborn and 3 year old
thanx so much for any input

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 2:01 pm
I don't believe it's made for newborns, as it doesn't recline fully.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 2:19 pm
I have one.

it definitely reclines fully. they say to use it from six months, but I used it from newborn with no problems.

pros:

great price
drives smoothly
can push easily with one hand
comfy (my kids nap easily on walks)
some storage under the seats
break works well
front wheel is removable
folds easily
stands up folded

cons:

very small divider between seats (my kids don't mind, neither do I.)
need sunshade extension
no parent caddy, can purchase one.
can only fit certain sizes under seat in storage
relatively low handle, some taller people don't like it. (I'm 5'2" with no problems.)

the one BIG issue I have is in weight distribution. you cannot hang your diaper bag on the handle with only one (small, baby-sized) kid in the front. I made the mistake of taking my toddler out of the stroller before removing the bag from the back and the stroller tipped. fortunately my baby was strapped in and only scared. if you make sure to remove whatever's hanging before taking the kids out there are no problems.

all the other issues are almost non-issues.

on the whole, I really like my instep. it can't fit through all doors, but since it was cheap enough, I felt ok purchasing a tandem umbrella type stroller for travel and those times I must get through doors or narrow aisles. my instep is great for grocery shopping, my supermarket has nice wide aisles and I can pile things on top of the hood easily, as it is flat. I have taken to leaving a diaper bag at home for small trips, there is a nice pocket behind the seats that holds diaper and wipes and I have an accessories caddy that can hold sippy cups.

basically if you buy this, I suggest you get a rayshade extension (kiddopotamus makes one, but I'm not crazy about it. it works if you weigh down the sides with water bottles in the hidden pockets. try a different brand if you can) and a parent tray or whatever you want to call it. you may also want to have a bicycle pump, but you can always blow up the tires at a gas station.

if you have any questions I have not answered, feel free to pm me.

PIP

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 2:22 pm
Mine reclines fully. It wheels beautifully, like a dream! Though there are no cupholders or fancy stuff if you're into that. I love it though! Very easy to wheel (And I manage to smash 4 kids in it!) Folds easily, a bit heavy to carry but I imagine all big wheel strollers would be. Stands up when folded, As far as doorways go, Im not sure how it fits.

cdawnr

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 7:03 pm
I could pretty much say ditto to what Mommiedearest wrote.

My kids actually enjoy riding in it. And my 4 r old is very upset that his sisters get to and he doesn't..and that we stopped letting him ride on the front over the wheel.

It habdles so smooth it almost makes me WANT to jog (and that takes a lot). And the swivel wheel makes turning a breeze.

Only negatvie is that it is a house stroller only...too heavey and big for hte car. If it wasn't, I would bring it everywhere!

dilego

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 11:25 pm
Can one of u pls.put a link in?

msym

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 5:23 am
Thank you all so much for your responses! any additional responses are still welcome!
Here is the link to the INstep id like to buy:
http://www.target.com/Safari-S.....age=1

dilego

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 7:19 am
thanx.its really nice but isn't it to heavy in order to lift it in &out of the car or going by public trans.?the price is really good

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 7:42 am
What my s-I-l who has it did was this:
She got this for walking, Shabbos, etc.
And a Graco tandem for the car/travelling.

Most joggers are heavy and not real car strollers.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 1:43 pm
op, get it from amazon, you'll get free shipping.

oh, I forgot to mention the brake sticks until you figure out exactly where to release it, but once you're used to it it's a breeze. it's actually not that heavy for a double. also, it does fit in our trunk, but nothing fits in with it. so it's not for a long road trip unless you rent a trailer Smile

queen

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 6:57 pm
It's a great stroller, just beware regarding this stroller, and any other one that only has three wheels--- it tips very easily. If you have a toddler trying to climb INTO the stroller--- very likely can tip it over.

msym

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 7:41 pm
for those of you who have this stroller - were you able to try it out anywhere before you actually purchased it? it seems to me that you can only order it online. Confused

Bored

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 11:36 pm
I have it, I am very happy with it. Got it from Mystrollers.com. I saw it in burlington coat factory too, if you want to try it

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 9:33 am
Yeah, they have it in Burlington (Baby Depot)....I saw it yesterday and took a detour from the car seat section to check it out...no adjustable handlebar, so for taller people it might be too low (I'm short and I think it was just right for me)...

msym

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 7:27 pm
does anyone have anymore input on the Instep as far as fitting through doorways? I was so psyched up to get this stroller till a saleslady in a store pointed out that it doestn fit thru doorways. Confused

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 8:03 pm
I find it fits through any doorway the average double side-by-side jogger does (with exception of the mountain buggy which has wheels neatly tucked under the seat rather than add a couple of inches to the width). I take it to the supermarket and various other stores. some it does not fit through, but I have a lightweight travel tandem that fits through the others, so I can go anywhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics