Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
OGOA - Karen
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:06 pm
those saying that she was doing perineal massages. Is this massage done only DURING pushing? and not between pushes? Because her hands were there ONLY while I was pushing. And she wasn't massaging. At least it didn't seem like it. It seemed like her hands were inside the v.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
had similar experience with legs! What's her business with how I hold my legs?! My legs were in plain stirrups last time and I pushed amazingly. Now when I wanted to squeeze the bedrail while pushing, she authoritatively told m; "No, don't put your hands there, hold onto your legs!"
m

Yes I had the same thing! I couldn’t even hold the rail!

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:37 pm
I gave birth twice with them and had lori both times, she was so nice and sweet
she also put her fingers in while I was pushing, I had epidural it wasnt painful and she kept encouraging me that the head is coming down and im doing great etc, I assumed it was normal for her to do that bc its all I ever experienced..

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
those saying that she was doing perineal massages. Is this massage done only DURING pushing? and not between pushes? Because her hands were there ONLY while I was pushing. And she wasn't massaging. At least it didn't seem like it. It seemed like her hands were inside the v.

My midwives will do some perineal massage during pushing. It does not involve putting the hand inside. They use oil to massage, support, stretch the skin from outside. It's not painful.
It sounds like she abused you. First off, she should have asked permission. Secondly, it doesn't sound like what she did helped you at all. I'm so sorry. Giving birth is a really vulnerable time, and she violated you. I wonder if you ask her about it, what she will say.

Perrys

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:41 pm
I love Lori Katie and Haddasah

I hate Karen with a passion

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:43 pm
Katie is the best ever. Lorie is also quite nice.

Andrea was the worst human being possible I'm so glad she retired, and yes Karen is close second.

small bean

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 8:03 pm
I've never had Karen deliver, but I love her as a person.

I'm really close with Karen, Katie and Lorie.

Karen is not gushy warm at all. It's very my style and I can imagine, I'd like her during delivery. I don't want people being nice to me while I'm in labor. I can see why someone would not like her.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:21 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
My midwives will do some perineal massage during pushing. It does not involve putting the hand inside. They use oil to massage, support, stretch the skin from outside. It's not painful.
It sounds like she abused you. First off, she should have asked permission. Secondly, it doesn't sound like what she did helped you at all. I'm so sorry. Giving birth is a really vulnerable time, and she violated you. I wonder if you ask her about it, what she will say.

That’s a big claim to make. It’s pretty normal to hold your own and have the doctor stretch there while pushing.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:27 pm
Not that practice I think I’ve had the dr or midwife do that/similar at each of my 5 deliveries and it was 5 diff Drs/midwives…

I once asked the dr what she was doing with her hand inside of me, not during pushing. It was unpleasant/uncomfortable. She said she was trying to push my cervix out of the way. The baby wasn’t doing a good enough job apparently (he wasn’t in a good position).

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:27 pm
Karen delivered three of my babies. Two of them were complicated labors and she was an ANGEL. I'm so so grateful to her. And I loved her bedside manner. She took her cues from me and didn't hover or try to control me like I felt some other people tried to do.
And yes- I've always had whoever was delivering massage my cervix and help guide the 'lip' over the baby's head. I've never had more than two stitches.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries