Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Summer activities

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 8:53 pm
Im doing mommy camp for my 1st and 3rd grade daughters. I'm looking for any good online subscriptions of activities that are preferable weekly but even bi weekly is good. Such as science or crafts. Kiwi crates are good but they are only one a month. Any other ideas of bigger craft type activities we can do that won't break the bank?

ysydmom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 8:59 pm
dollar tree has tons of craft items that you can either buy in store or online. tons of ideas.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:16 pm
we have gotten "camp" from kiwi co which was a 5 pack of pre-picked boxes. you can also buy individual boxes.
I believe other subscription boxes might offer such an option as well you can take a look.
I haven't seen weekly or bi-weekly subscription boxes though.
I can give you ideas of other things my kids have enjoyed doing. I've been doing mommy camp for a number of years now.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:20 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
we have gotten "camp" from kiwi co which was a 5 pack of pre-picked boxes. you can also buy individual boxes.
I believe other subscription boxes might offer such an option as well you can take a look.
I haven't seen weekly or bi-weekly subscription boxes though.
I can give you ideas of other things my kids have enjoyed doing. I've been doing mommy camp for a number of years now.

Good to know I'll look for that regarding kiwi.

I've been doing mommy camp for years as well but we've done so many things already im running out of crafts and don't have patience to be so creative so I prefer these kits that come with everything already. But if you can share any craft type activities that can be done spread out over time please do. Or any other suggestions for an old mommy who's too tired to think up new ideas Smile

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:31 pm
do you have local library programs? we do those A LOT
my kids have like the suncatchers and diamond art, don't get the impression they care if they've done that activity before
bowling goes over well
we've liked the wecraft boxes
building shapes with toothpics and either marshmallows or fruit
perler beads- michaels has these little sets that I saw that are small packages of perler beads put together specifically to make certain animals which looked cute.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:41 pm
Michaels has a craft program were they do crafts in the store

Get the schedule(it's given out in the store)and see if anything works for you. They also sell ready to do crafts.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:45 pm
When I did Mommy camp one year, each of us made a scrapbook of the daycamp. The first week we decorated the cover . The second week I had printed photos of the first week’s activities and we made scrapbook pages for the first week. The third week we created pages for the second week and so on. By the time camp was over they each had a beautiful album/scrapbook with memories of Mommy camp that year.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:52 pm
I'm curious how you make mommy camp work out?

Is it cheaper than paying for a daycamp?

Or you do it to spend time with your kids?

I pay $680 a kid for 2 months daycamp for my 1st and second grade....

It's just things cost money and they add up. Also you have to do outings.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:31 pm
Most of these suggestions are already on my list of things to do. I do it because camps by me are not that cheap and for other reasons this works better for us. I've done it for many years now and my older kids have fond memories. I'm just looking for some new ideas.

Thanks all

dankbar

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:23 am
I wrote up a whole lot of ideas matching to themes last year. Check previous threads on camp mommy or mommy camp
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children