Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Udel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 10:32 am
I'm so confused. I'm shopping on udels website right now and literally majority of the pics show the products not covering knees or elbows. Isnt this a Jewish store marketed towards frum women? Why is literally nothing covering the knees?? I don't get it. I might as well be shopping on shein and have a better chance of things covering my knees! Honestly this seems insane. What's the point of Jewish stores exactly....?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 10:33 am
I like their shirts very much but I dont buy skirts or dresses from them
ive jsut accepted that many jewish stores have shorter stuff

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 10:49 am
Not that nice to call them out by name like this when they’re far from the only store to do this.

There are different standards in different frum communities. They may cater to a different community than yours.

The models may be tall and so the skirt that doesn’t cover their knees will be midi on a 5”2 person. I’ve heard tall people say they find clothes at Udel that cover their knees more than other frum stores.

Last edited by 1ofbillions on Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 10:56 am
They probably get the pictures from their distributors. If you feel the clothes aren't appropriate, don't buy from them. It would also be a kindness to let the vendor know your objections. If enough would-be customers protested, maybe they would buy their merchandise elsewhere.

farmom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:02 pm
I actually just bought some stuff from udel. I think they list the length of each skirt or dress. And on my short daughters they are very long (past midi)

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:02 pm
zaq wrote:
They probably get the pictures from their distributors. If you feel the clothes aren't appropriate, don't buy from them. It would also be a kindness to let the vendor know your objections. If enough would-be customers protested, maybe they would buy their merchandise elsewhere.

They manufacture their own line …

bliss1

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:15 pm
I find their sizes to be true. The length is listed so it’s easy to measure and figure out if it’s long enough. And the models are often very tall. It’s true on a lot of websites.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:21 pm
As a short person I actually love udel. Everything is a normal length on me!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:24 pm
Most of the clothes actually cover knees. A lot of skirts come in different lengths as well; 23" and 25". It all depends on your height. They may be using tall models but don't assume it won't cover for you. Because dd is short, even the 23" covers fully. I'm taller and 25" covers me fully.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:25 pm
Does anyone know when the sale they are having today is set to end?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:36 pm
Look at the height of their models. Most of them are 5”9 or taller.

Also, some people like different lengths so they cater to different crowds. Read the description and you’ll be surprised it may just be good for you.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:42 pm
I think they actually started the brand to cater for teens who grew out of kidichic. My daughter did very well there for preteen-teen clothes.
Now that she is average women's height, most of the clothing is still long enough to cover her knees.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:50 pm
Lots of frum clothing lines size down in the pics and stuff look tighter and shorter.
Personally my teens love Udel, average height and skirt length more than cover their knees
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics