Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Surviving school-camp (boys)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:54 pm
Kids get out an hour earlier than usual. And no transportation so they are home for an extra hour in the morning. The fighting is so exhausting and triggering.
And when they get home they expect to do something fun after I’ve just spent 30 min in the car straight from work.
I’m exhausted already. It’s so hectic!! Any ideas how to help survive the fighting and expectation to entertain them?

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Kids get out an hour earlier than usual. And no transportation so they are home for an extra hour in the morning. The fighting is so exhausting and triggering.
And when they get home they expect to do something fun after I’ve just spent 30 min in the car straight from work.
I’m exhausted already. It’s so hectic!! Any ideas how to help survive the fighting and expectation to entertain them?

Thank you for your post I feel validated.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:31 pm
delete

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:29 pm
What’s the change in their schedule? Sorry I’m not from lakewood

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:36 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
What’s the change in their schedule? Sorry I’m not from lakewood

Regular kodesh in the morning, school camp in the afternoon. Early dismissal. Frequently no busing.

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:54 pm
I wish they'd add another hour of daycamp. Why the early dismissal? My oldest son is in first grade so I'm not used to this.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:56 pm
So what time do they come home? Why don’t they just have school camp until normal dismissal time

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:57 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
So what time do they come home? Why don’t they just have school camp until normal dismissal time

Only they know. None of the parents do.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 5:06 pm
Im with you. My primary son is home by 2:30 with zero to do. During the school year he comes home 3:45.
He is fighting, yelling and screaming he’s bored. We can’t rent a pool and run out to do activities because I have a baby and other children coming home all hours of the day. We need to be like Brooklyn. Boys are same as girls. 10 weeks of day camp.
Im losing my mind and today was only the first day.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 5:18 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Im with you. My primary son is home by 2:30 with zero to do. During the school year he comes home 3:45.
He is fighting, yelling and screaming he’s bored. We can’t rent a pool and run out to do activities because I have a baby and other children coming home all hours of the day. We need to be like Brooklyn. Boys are same as girls. 10 weeks of day camp.

Brooklyn is seven weeks of camp
If you are lucky

bsy

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 5:44 pm
amother Azure wrote:

10 weeks??? Best joke ever. Camp is 7 weeks plus a couple days. There are days and days and days of nothing. Bored kvetchy fighting kids. Come to Brooklyn:) LOL

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 5:46 pm
Is my school the only one that has almost regular hours?
Primary doesn't have clubs so they end at 2 instead of 3.
But my older boys end at 4 and 4:45.
Their transportation is iffy but BH carpool.
I thought it was typical.
I guess I really have to be grateful to my school.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:23 pm
All my boys end at 4:00, even my Primary boy it's great to be able to pick them all up together

My school has busing if you pay for it, I am not this year

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:46 pm
I believe the older schools have more connections with the bus companies, so they are able to get good route times. Some schools choose to end earlier, while others keep to school year hours. Everyone is paying private, its about getting the actual drivers and busses.
The newer boys schools usually get their routes after the girls camps. This means they have to be finished the route before girls dismissal.

I have a hard time with it too. Some of my kids do better with unstructured times than others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries