Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Sales at The ADdress

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:11 am
How are prices now? Can I find weekday tops and skirts for $25-$35?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:47 am
Depends which brand.
Maybe from meli or Udel or kidichic.
But most are still around teh $40-50 mark being that they start at $70-100.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:02 am
I was recently there and was really shocked at the prices. They're more expensive than the local stores on the same clothing, they also charge more than the brand charges online. All brands have been on sale for a while now, and they're charging full price plus. They're charging $90 for a toddler outfit that the brand and local stores charged $75 for and it's been on sale now for a while for $40. They also charge $130 for a dress that the brand and stores sold for $85 and is on sale now for $50. I got some stuff from Udel and was shocked to see that Udel charges way less then them.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:26 am
That’s how they get their cut probably by charging the extra on top of the price

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:42 am
You realize that they need to pay rent, pay sales associates, and make a profit themselves. It is going to cost more.

On the flip, you get to see in person and try on (and often have an outing/quality time with a friend or relative). That is what you are paying for. Meals in restaurants cost many times the cost of the raw ingredients. Think of it from that perspective.

I’m not saying one should or shouldn’t shop there. Just discussing the price disparity.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:49 am
amother Geranium wrote:
You realize that they need to pay rent, pay sales associates, and make a profit themselves. It is going to cost more.

On the flip, you get to see in person and try on (and often have an outing/quality time with a friend or relative). That is what you are paying for. Meals in restaurants cost many times the cost of the raw ingredients. Think of it from that perspective.

I’m not saying one should or shouldn’t shop there. Just discussing the price disparity.

Every store has to pay rent and employees. They're charging way more for the same items then the local stores and the brands themselves are. And at this time of the year, all stores are 50-70% off already and they're above full price. Honestly, I cannot see them lasting too long at those prices. Or people will end up trying on there and then order it online...

chasya

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:24 am
I heard that besides rent and employees they need to pay a cut of their profit.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 4:55 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
Every store has to pay rent and employees. They're charging way more for the same items then the local stores and the brands themselves are. And at this time of the year, all stores are 50-70% off already and they're above full price. Honestly, I cannot see them lasting too long at those prices. Or people will end up trying on there and then order it online...

Could you tell me which stores in Brooklyn pref BP that are on sale like that now??

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 5:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Could you tell me which stores in Brooklyn pref BP that are on sale like that now??

I don't live in Brooklyn, but every store should be on sale now this time of the year.

thedudette

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 8:14 am
Was just there yesterday. Many stores are same price as online and other stores so not sure which ones you’re talking about.. the sales unfortunately many can’t do because of the overhead but still alot of them did have some sale just not as much as other stores

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 8:20 am
S&W 30-50% off, Junees high discount, also Udel. Those are only the ones I went to I think all have some.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics